By Trae Jacobs,
When you buy through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
People usually use VTech wireless phones to complete work, so you need to set up your voicemail box so that you can attend to all important calls.
Please continue reading to learn everything you need about checking and setting up your voicemail on a VTech wireless phone.
Set Up Your VTech Wireless Phone Answering Machine
After you set up your VTech wireless phone answering machine, people can leave you voicemails so you don’t miss any important information.
- Press the menu button on your VTech handset.
- Use the up and down arrow keys to find the voicemail setup option on your VTech phone.
- After you enter the voicemail set-up menu, select “access number.”
- Enter your phone number to set up your voicemail box.
- Listen to the confirmation code.
- Program your password.
- Use the voicemail button on your VTech phone to enter your voicemail box.
- Set up your voicemail greeting.
Setting up your voicemail box allows people to call you even when you’re too busy to answer the phone.
This is a great way for people to give you important information while you’re busy to ensure that important people leave voicemails on your answering machine.
You should set up your greeting message because once they hear your voice, they know they’ve reached the right person.
Many people will only leave a voicemail if there is an answering machine greeting because otherwise, they assume that the phone owner doesn’t listen to voicemail or that they contacted the wrong phone number.
How to Listen to Voicemails on Your VTech Wireless Phone
After you set up your answering machine, you’re free to listen to voicemails whenever you miss a call. Fortunately, this process is much easier than the setup process.
- Use your VTech wireless phone to call your phone number.
- Enter the password you selected when setting up your voicemail.
- Delete voicemails after you listen to them to clear up space.
You can only store a limited amount of voicemails on your Vtech phone, so you should ensure that you would clear out your mailbox frequently.
Call your phone number and enter your password to listen to your VTech wireless phone voicemails. Use your settings menu to set up your answering machine on your VTech phone.
If you notice that you miss many calls and wonder what they want to talk to you about, it would be best to set up your voicemail so that you don’t accidentally call spam numbers.
Personalize Your Vtech Wireless Phone
The best way to personalize your VTech wireless phone is by setting up your answering machine and creating a password and personal greeting.
When people hear your voice through your voicemail greeting, they know they’ve reached the right number and are more likely to let you know why they called.
Alternatively, if you stick with the standard VTech greeting, people might wonder whether or not they dialed the correct number.
People typically use VTech wireless phones in a business setting, so it would be best to set up your voicemail to reassure potential clients that they’re contacting the right person.
How to Delete Voicemails on Your VTech Wireless Phone
Deleting your voicemails is important to ensure you have plenty of room on your VTech wireless phone.
Deleting Voicemails After You’ve Listened to Them
Unfortunately, your phone can only store a limited amount of voicemails.
Here is how to listen to your voicemails and delete them when you’re done:
- Call your phone number to enter your voicemail box.
- Listen to your voicemails and press seven once you’re finished listening to delete them from your box.
- Continue this process until you’ve deleted every voicemail you’re not interested in keeping on your VTech phone.
This is best if there are not many new voicemails to listen to, but you can also clear them all in bulk without listening to them too.
Deleting Voicemails Without Listening to Them
If you’re feeling overwhelmed and don’t want to listen to your voicemails before you delete them, you can also clear your voicemail box.
This is a great option if you know the messages are old. Here’s how:
- Press the menu button on your cordless VTech phone
- Use the up and down arrows to enter your phone’s settings menu
- Use the up and down arrow keys to scroll until you find the Clr voicemail option
- Your voicemail will request confirmation that you want to reset VM icon, and you’ll press select when prompted.
- When you successfully clear your voicemail, there will be a confirmation tone.
Clearing your voicemail is the quickest way to delete multiple voicemails without listening to them.
Setting up your voicemail machine and checking your voicemails is important to get all the crucial information.
If you want people to leave you voicemails, it would be best to personalize your answering machine so that they hear your voice and know they dialed the right number.