How to Charge Eufy Smart Lock
The Eufy Smart Lock gives you a way to fully control your front door no matter where you are in the world. As long as you have a smart device, you can lock and unlock your door from the app. With all of the innovative features and the security it provides, you’ll want to make sure the Eufy Smart Lock is fully charged all the time.
Below, we’ll cover how the Eufy Smart Lock’s removable battery works and how to charge it should the power become low. We will also discuss how to use the lock if it happens to run out of power while locked.
How Do I Charge the Battery in the Eufy Smart Lock?
The Eufy Smart Lock can operate on two or four AA batteries, depending on which smart lock you own. Eufy says AA batteries should last around 12 months before your lock will need a battery change. The lock does not come with AA batteries, so they will need to be bought separately. However, Eufy’s smart locks do come with a removable, rechargeable battery.
To install standard AA batteries into your lock, follow these steps:
- Locate the inner panel of the door.
- Remove the top part by sliding it up and off.
- Place all the batteries in the right direction.
- Place the top part back on and ensure it clicks in place.
To charge the removable battery, follow these steps:
- Gently slide off the bottom panel of the lock from the outside panel.
- Take the battery out by lifting it.
- Place the bottom panel back on while you’re charging.
- Plug the small end of the micro-USB cable into the battery.
- Plug the larger end of the cable into a wall adapter.
- Plug the wall adapter into an electrical outlet.
Once it is done charging, you can unplug it, take the bottom panel back off, and then slide the battery back into place. Firmly press the panel back on and make sure it clicks.
Note: When you purchase your Eufy Smart Lock, it will come with a micro-USB cable but not a wall adapter. Also, always make sure the panel is back on when you take the battery inside to charge. This will protect the lock from water and other weather elements. It will also prevent wires from being exposed.
Changing the batteries or switching to the removable battery will not affect any of your settings. When you put the new batteries in, all your PINs, fingerprints, and other settings will still be saved.
How Do I Know if My Eufy Smart Lock’s Battery Is Dead?
If you have the EufyHome App, it will alert you when the battery is about to die and when it is dead. Use these steps to check the battery life:
- Open the EufyHome App.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Battery.
Note: The battery icon will show you the battery level, but it won’t give a specific percentage amount.
If you have changed the batteries or charged the removable battery, but it is still showing it is dead, follow these troubleshooting tips:
- Check that your EufyHome App is updated and running on the latest version.
- Ensure that your smart lock came back on or resets itself after changing the batteries.
- Remove the panel you took off during battery installation and make sure it is clean and free of any debris.
What Do I Do If My Eufy Smart Lock Is Dead and I Don’t Have Keys?
Every Eufy Smart Lock also comes with keys to use in emergencies. However, if your lock happens to die and you don’t have the key with you, you can still get into your home.
The door lock has a built-in micro-USB port at the bottom of the outdoor panel. Follow these steps to get your lock back on:
- Get a portable charger.
- Plug the large end of the micro-USB cable into the charger.
- Plug the small end into the port at the bottom of the lock.
- Wait for it to reboot and then enter your pin or use your fingerprint to unlock the door.
Making sure your Eufy Smart Lock is fully charged is simple. The Eufy Smart Locks can have their AA batteries replaced by removing the back upper panel and putting new batteries in. The removable battery can also be charged by taking it out of the lower front panel and using a wall outlet to charge it.
Own a Eufy camera? Check out this article for charging tips for this device!