When you buy through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
You might have lost or broken the charger of your Samsung Galaxy Watch 3. Or perhaps you left it at home, and you urgently need to charge your watch. Do not worry too much, as you can charge your Samsung watch 3 even without having its charger by using the power-sharing technology to charge the watch with your phone.
You can also use a Qi charging pad, although this is less likely to be lying around as a convenient way of charging. Read on to see exactly how to use either of these to charge your phone.
If you do not have your Samsung Watch 3 chargers, there are only two ways to charge it. This is either by using the power-sharing option to charge the watch with your phone or by using a wireless charging pad.
This feature allows you to share power from your Samsung device to your watch. It uses the same Qi wireless charging technology to charge the watch with your phone. Do the charging in these simple steps:
- First, ensure that your phone is sufficiently charged. This is because your phone stops charging other devices at a certain percentage—often at 30%. This feature is there to protect your phone battery, as using it to charge other devices while it is low could cause problems.
- Slide down from the top of your phone screen to see quick settings. Here, you will see the Powershare icon; if it’s not there, add it to the list.
- Click on the icon to put it on and place the watch and the phone, so they are back to back. You will see the signal that the watch is charging if all is well.
- If you want to stop charging, just separate the devices. After 60 seconds, the PowerShare feature will automatically turn off if it doesn’t detect any device.
Not all Samsung phones allow you to share power with other devices. This is because PowerShare uses the same technology as wireless charging, and not all phones support wireless chafing. The phones that support the feature are often flagship devices released in the past few years.
The devices that allow you to charge your Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 with them are:
- Galaxy fold series
- Galaxy Fold
- Z Fold2
- Z Fold3
- Galaxy Z series
- Galaxy Z Flip
- Z Flip 5G
- Z Flip3
- Galaxy S20 series, which includes
- Galaxy S20 5G
- S20+ 5G
- S20 Ultra 5G
- S20 FE
- Galaxy S10 series
- Galaxy S10e
- S10 5G
- Galaxy S22 series, which includes
- Galaxy S22
- S22 Ultra
- Galaxy S21 series, which includes
- Galaxy S21
- S21 Ultra
- Note 20 series
- Note20 5G
- Note20 Ultra 5G
- Note 10 series, which includes
- Galaxy Note10
- Note10+ 5G
It is important to note that not all Samsung watches support the feature. Be sure to check for compatibility in your device before attempting.
There are Samsung recommended tips for using PowerShare.
- Do not use PowerShare when your phone is below 30%. This is to protect your phone battery, as you wouldn’t want your battery weakened for such a reason
- Do not move the devices while charging. Moving them might disturb the connection and the charging process.
- Do not use wired earphones while using the PowerShare feature. This may affect your charging and other nearby devices.
- At a certain percentage, your phone will automatically stop charging the watch. Do not panic, as this is a normal feature that is there to protect your phone battery.
- The charging speed and efficiency will depend on the condition of the watch and the surrounding environment. This means that in certain cases, the watch might charge slowly and faster in others
- Remove any extra casing or accessories to get the maximum charging speed.
- While you can charge your phone while sharing power, this may reduce the charging speed or even prevent your phone from charging properly. This is normal and no cause for alarm.
Following these tips, you can safely use your phone to charge your watch anytime. However, you should know that this is an emergency option, and it shouldn’t be used too often.
The other option is to use a regular Qi charging pad to charge it. However, this might pose a bit of a problem as the charging pad might not be compatible with your watch. If you can get one that is compatible with your watch, however, using it is easy. You just have to place it in the charging pad, and it will charge!
If you are without your Galaxy watch 3 chargers, you can still charge it in two ways. One is by using the PowerShare feature to charge the watch with your phone, while the other is to use a Qi charging pad that is compatible with the watch.