Element TV Black Screen No Picture- 3 Easy Fixes To Try!
Imagine sitting down to watch the game on your Element TV, and the TV looks like it hasn’t been turned on. You check, and the green light is on, showing that your television has power. Still, your Element TV is giving you the “black screen of death.”
If this has happened to you, do not worry! There could be many reasons why your Element TV has a black screen with no picture. Read on for the three easy fixes to try to get the picture back on your Element TV.
Three Easy Fixes
It could be the most frustrating or devastating thing to go home to find that your Element TV doesn’t have a picture. The last thing you want to do now is to troubleshoot or search on Amazon for your next TV purchase. Before buying a new TV, try these three easy steps to get your Element TV working again:
- Do a manual reset on your Element TV.
- Check all of the wired connections in the back of your TV as well as the input selected.
- Do a factory reset on your Element TV.
If none of the above work, the final thing you can do is contact technical support for further assistance. Continue reading to learn how to do the resets and check the connections on your Element TV.
Reset Your TV
The first method to reset your Element TV. There are two different ways to do a hard reset. The first way is by doing a manual reset. A manual reset means unplugging the TV cord from the power socket. This will not hurt your TV, or eliminate any customized settings you may have put on your television.
- Unplug the cord from the socket and leave it unplugged for about 3-4 minutes
- While it is unplugged, hold the power button on the TV for 30 seconds
- Let go of the power button and plug the cord back in
- Turn on the TV and check to see if the picture shows up
The second way of resetting your TV is by doing a factory reset on the television. Before resorting to a factory reset, check the connections in the back of your TV.
Factory resetting your TV will cause any customized settings to vanish, but you can always reset them later. Better to have to reset than have a TV with no picture.
- Locate the factory reset on the back of the TV. This is a pinhole by the HDMI port.
- Use a pin or straightened paperclip to press and hold for half a minute. This should allow your TV to reset and restart.
If a factory reset doesn’t fix the picture issue, give a call to Element customer support.
Check the Connections
The second method for fixing your Element TV’s picture issue is to check the connection and cords. If anything is connected to your television, do the process of elimination and unplug those cords. It may take a while, but you might just find you have a faulty cable. So start with that HDMI cord and work your way through your A/V cable as well.
The other cable that can be causing you connectivity issues is the power cable. If your television isn’t getting any connection, you might have an issue with the power cable. Try plugging the TV into a separate plug, or if you have a spare power cable, try switching them out.
While checking the connections, also use the remote to check that your input is selected to the correct setting.
If all those methods fail, it might be time to call in the experts. Element has a customer support number to help guide you through those issues: (888)842-3577. You can submit a request through their website for those who don’t necessarily like talking on the phone.
Make sure to have your model number ready before calling or submitting an online request.
Not sure what could be causing the issue? Read on to see some common causes of no picture on your Element TV.
Common Causes and Issues
If your picture still isn’t showing up, and you are about ready to call technical support, here are some common causes that could be why your Element TV does not have any picture:
- The panel is broken or damaged by water or electrical outages
- Backlight issues (without this, you could have a picture, but you won’t be able to see)
- The power cable is broken or damaged
- Something is wrong with the power board
- The HDMI port is malfunctioning
- Something is wrong with the wall outlet (try checking the circuit breaker)
The panel, backlight, and power board are all things you will need professional help with. The panel and power board will be covered under warranty, so make sure you call that in before that warranty expires. Unfortunately, some of the other issues will require a whole new TV.
So, if you’ve turned on your Element TV and are receiving no picture, there are a few easy fixes to try. Several reasons why your Element TV could be having blackout issues, from cable to backlight issues. Whatever the issue, just know that there is a way to fix it in most instances.