Does The Toshiba Fire TV Have Screen Mirroring?
Toshiba Fire TVs are quickly becoming a popular option for smart TVs in people’s households. They are multifunctional, have excellent quality, and are affordable. Toshiba Fire TVs have many things you can do from your remote control and phone, but can they do screen mirroring from your phone?
Most of the Toshiba Fire TVs have screen mirroring available compatible with many phones and electronic devices. The connection process will differ based on what device you are trying to mirror on the Toshiba Fire TV. Some Toshiba Fire TV models do not have the screen mirroring function as well.
Some users have complained that screen mirroring isn’t available on their Toshiba Fire TV, but this issue is primarily caused by having an incompatible device or a bad connection.
How to Set Up Screen Mirroring on a Toshiba Fire TV
Screen mirroring is a great function available on many smart TVs, including the Toshiba Fire TV. It will replicate whatever is on your smaller device to your Toshiba Fire TV so it can be seen and heard on a bigger screen. This is great for showing pictures or videos at parties.
Setting up screen mirroring on a Toshiba Fire TV is simple, and it slightly varies depending on what device you’re using.
Screen mirroring from a Phone or Tablet
Most of the time, when you use the screen share feature, you’ll be doing it from a phone or tablet to make what is smaller bigger on your Fire TV screen. To do this is simple. Before starting, make sure that your Toshiba Fire TV and your smartphone or tablet are connected to the same Wi-Fi. Then follow these steps:
- Open up the TV’s settings by pressing the home button on your Fire TV remote.
- Select “Display and Sounds”
- Select “Enable Screen Mirroring.” This will trigger a notification on your smartphone or tablet.
- Select the notification to allow the screen mirroring to start. You should be able to see your device’s screen on your Fire TV now.
This will work with most Android devices. The process slightly differs if you’re using a device with iOS. Here are the instructions after ensuring your iPhone is connected to the same Wi-Fi as the Fire TV:
- Download the AirScreen app onto your Fire TV. Once it is downloaded, open the app and select “start.”
- On your iPhone, go to the control center and select “Screen Mirroring.” Here, you should see the Toshiba Fire TV pop up. Select it, and your iPhone will be mirroring a screen with your Toshiba Fire TV.
Screen Mirroring from a Laptop or Other Computer
If you’re screen mirroring from a laptop or other computer, you would have to make sure the electronic is connected to the same Wi-Fi as the Fire TV. You also need to make sure that your laptop or other computer has the option for screen mirroring.
- After you have the screen mirroring enabled on your Toshiba Fire TV, open up the settings on the bottom righthand corner of your search bar on your computer.
- Once you are there, there will be an option to connect with the Fire TV. Select that option, and you will be connected.
If your laptop or computer doesn’t have the option for wireless screen mirroring, the option to connect in the bottom right corner won’t be available. You can always connect it to the Fire TV with an HDMI cable.
How to Know if my Device is Compatible for Screen Mirroring
If you want to use the screen mirroring function, one of the first things you should learn is if your device is capable of using screen mirroring. It is one of the most common reasons why screen mirroring won’t work on a Toshiba Fire TV or any smart TV. Some of the things you can check to know if your device is or isn’t compatible for screen mirroring with the Toshiba Fire TV are:
- On an Android device, ensure that it supports Miracast (the software used for screen mirroring on Fire TVs). You can check if your Android device supports Miracast by opening your options menu and the screen mirroring option will be available.
- On a Windows computer, it must have Wireless Display (WiDi) settings. You can open up your settings and check to see if you can connect to the Fire TV to know if you have the WiDi.
Reasons Screen Mirroring Won’t Work
Sometimes technology doesn’t always work how we want it to, screen mirroring with a smart TV and device included. Some of the most common reasons screen mirroring won’t work on a device are usually fixable unless there’s a hardware problem. Here are some reasons that screen mirroring won’t work on a Toshiba Fire TV:
- The Toshiba Fire TV itself doesn’t support screen mirroring. One Toshiba Fire TV that doesn’t support screen mirroring is the Smart 4K UHD that is older than the 2020 model.
- Your device isn’t compatible.
- Your device isn’t connected to the same WiFi as the Fire TV.
- Your device is too far from the Fire TV.
The Toshiba Fire TV is a popular smart TV with many functions, just as all smart TVs have. One excellent aspect of it is that it can use screen mirroring so you can send information from your handheld device to go onto a bigger screen. It’s easy to use and set up if your device is compatible with the TV. Be sure to research the model of your TV before purchasing.