By Trae Jacobs,
When you buy through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hello Baby Monitor is a popular monitoring system used by parents to supervise their children. However, with only one camera attached to the monitor, you have limited space to monitor at any given time. Adding additional monitors can help you observe more areas in the room and throughout your home.
You can use two cameras on your Hello Baby Monitor to track your kids better. There is no need to limit yourself to only one camera per monitor.
Continue reading to learn everything you need about joining additional cameras to your Hello Baby Monitor. We will discuss how to add additional cameras, how many cameras you can add, and the benefits of adding additional cameras to your monitoring system.
How to Hook Up Two Cameras with Hello Baby Monitor
You can pair up to four cameras to your Hello Baby Monitor. The more cameras you add to your monitor, the more space you can observe at any time. Follow the stuff below to hook up additional cameras to your Hello Baby Monitor.
- Position your second camera six feet minimum away from the area you want to monitor.
- Plug the camera unit power adapter into the back of your camera. The DC socket is the proper area to plug this camera unit power adapter.
- Plug the opposite end of the power adapter into an outlet.
- Use your parent unit to connect to the second camera.
- Press “menu” on your parent unit and the two side arrow keys until the camera icon lights up.
- Select the camera that you want to add to your parent unit.
- Select “add camera”
- Select “OK” when prompted.
- Ensure the LED light comes on to know that you set your camera up properly.
Fortunately, the steps above will help you easily connect a second camera to your Hello Baby Monitor. You can also follow the steps above if you want to add any additional cameras. Each Hello Baby Monitor can pair up to four cameras at once.
How to Switch Cameras on your Hello Baby Monitor
After pairing a second camera with your Hello Baby Monitor, it is easy to switch from camera to camera to view different areas. Follow the stuff below to flip from camera to camera so you can watch different rooms or spots when needed.
- Locate the zoom button in the lower right-hand corner of your Hello Baby Monitor.
- Tap the zoom button one time to alternate between your connected cameras.
- Hold the zoom button to zoom in or out using the camera that is already on the screen instead of tapping it.
After you have connected to your desired camera, you can look around with that camera using the arrow keys on the left-hand side of your Hello Baby Monitor. You have to pair all cameras with the Hello Baby Monitor before you can use the zoom button to switch from camera to camera. If you tap the zoom button and nothing happens, you likely have not connected your cameras properly.
Benefits of using Two Cameras with Hello Baby Monitor
There are several reasons why parents may want to connect additional cameras to their Hello Baby Monitor. Additional monitors can give parents additional control over the environment and keep their eyes on many places. The following are several benefits to consider when adding additional cameras to your baby monitor.
- If you have multiple children in different areas of the house, you can easily flip from viewing one room to another without constantly having to go room to room to watch your kids.
- Additional cameras throughout the house can help you keep an eye on any pets you have wandering around.
- You can place your cameras and areas of the house where you know trouble is bound to happen to avoid problems.
- Having multiple cameras throughout your house allows you to multitask so you can do necessary chores while still watching your kids.
- If you have multiple kids, you will probably provide them with separate rooms to sleep in. With the Hello Baby Monitor, you can watch several rooms once you add additional cameras.
With the ability to connect up to four cameras to your Hello Baby Monitor, you can keep an eye on several areas of your house. This system helps take the stress out of many daily situations as a parent.
You can pair up to four cameras to your Hello Baby Monitor to better track your household. Just tap the zoom button to switch between cameras without holding it down. The zoom button will just zoom in on the camera you are currently viewing. Also, you can choose to put multiple cameras throughout different rooms of your house or in different areas of a single room.