Can You Use a Vizio Sound Bar on a Sharp TV?
Vizio and Sharp are companies that make electronics of various sorts, including sound bars and televisions, and you may be curious to know if the Vizio Sound Bar will work on a Sharp TV.
If the proper connection cords are used between a sound bar and TV, a Vizio Sound Bar can be used on a Sharp TV.
In fact, if the correct connections are available between the television and the sound bar, the brand of each electronic doesn’t even matter for compatibility. Read on for further details about the Vizio Sound Bar and Sharp Tv.
How to Connect a Vizio Sound Bar to a Sharp TV
The most important thing is to ensure you have the proper connections to link your Vizio Sound Bar to your Sharp TV. This will require an optical cord, which should be included with your sound bar.
Now that you know you have the proper cord, follow the steps listed below to connect the Vizio Sound Bar to your Sharp TV:
- Plug one end of the Optical Digital Cable into the “Digital Audio Output” slot on the back of you Sharp TV
- Plug the other end of the Optical Digital Cable into the proper audio input slot of your Vizio Sound Bar
- Locate and Select the Sharp TV Settings Menu
- Locate and Select the Sound Option
- Locate and Select Advanced Audio Settings
- Locate and Select Digital Audio Out
- Locate and Select PCM
Once you have followed these steps, your Vizio Sound Bar and Sharp TV should be connected, and sound should now be coming out of your sound bar. Keep reading to find out what you should do if there is no sound coming from your Vizio Sound Bar after you have completed the previous steps.
How to Fix Audio Problems with Your Vizio Sound Bar
There are a few steps you can take to figure out (and fix) the issue with why there is no sound coming from your Vizio Sound Bar. The most basic step is to check if the sound bar is powering on. To do this, check for a light to appear on your sound bar as it powers on.
When You Don’t See a Light from the Sound Bar
If you don’t see a light, follow these steps:
- Locate and ensure the power cord is properly plugged into the outlet and the sound bar
- Plug another device into the outlet to ensure the outlet is putting out power
Once you have made sure the outlet is putting out power and the power cord is properly plugged in, if there is still no sound coming out of your Vizio Sound Bar, the next step is to ensure the cable connecting the Sharp TV and Vizio Sound Bar are plugged into the proper slots. The cord should be plugged into the output slot on the TV and the input slot on the sound bar.
When You Don’t Hear Sound from the Sound Bar
If there is still no sound coming out of your Vizio Sound Bar, next check if the sound bar is set to the correct input option. You can do this by following these steps:
- Start audio on your television
- Do an “Auto Input Search” on your sound bar by pressing and holding the input button on your sound bar until lights appear
- Lights on your Vizio Sound Bar will continue to flash until it finds the correct input option
If you would like to learn more about Sharp TVs, check out this article.
How to Factory Reset Your Vizio Sound Bar
If these solutions still do not fix the problem, you may need to perform a factory reset on your Vizio Sound Bar.
To do this, you will need to follow the specific instructions listed in the manual that came with your sound bar.
And, if the factory reset does not work, check if your TV is the issue by connecting your Vizio Sound Bar to a different device.
If everything is running smoothly and sound is coming out of your Vizio Sound Bar, you may start wondering about the convenience of having the sound bar automatically turn on with your television. Read on to find out how you can do this.
How to Have Your Vizio Sound Bar Turn on with Your Sharp TV
Having your Vizio Sound Bar automatically turn on with your Sharp TV is a relatively easy process that involves a few steps.
You just need to make sure you remember you are using an optical cable connection between the two devices and follow these steps:
- Turn on the Auto Power Link if it did not default to on by pressing and holding the left arrow on your sound bar remote
- Turn on D.IN mode if it did not default to on by pressing the Source option on your sound bar remote
- Adjust Sharp TV Speaker Settings and make your Vizio Sound Bar the preferred audio source rather than the TV speakers
Following those steps will ensure your Vizio Sound Bar turns on every time you turn on your Sharp TV.
All in all, the Vizio Sound Bar and the Sharp TV will be great additions to your home. Both devices are easy to set up and connect to each other. They also have a wide range in price, depending on size and features, so they are sure to fit in with anyone’s budget!