When you buy through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sitting back and watching a new favorite TV series is extremely satisfying. It is also a great way to relax and unwind after a long day. Many people are opting out of cable and using streaming services instead. The Amazon Firestick is a great option for those interested in streaming. If you are an Element TV owner, you may be wondering, can you use a Firestick on an Element TV?
Yes, you can use a Firestick on an Element TV. The Firestick is compatible with any TV that has an HDMI input built into it. The Firestick is plugged directly into the HDMI input on the Element TV. It can then be used to stream your favorite shows.
Now that you know you can use a Firestick with your Element TV, it may be tempting to run out and buy one or order off Amazon with your Echo. Before you go too quickly, read our guide to get more information on setting up your Firestick, what you can do with a Firestick, and common troubleshooting tips for your Firestick.
Although it would be great to be able to pull your Firestick out of the box, plug it into your Element TV, and go, there is a little bit more work involved to get your Firestick up and running on your Element TV. There are some things you need to do to set up your Firestick successfully:
Before setting up your Firestick with your Element TV, make sure your Element TV is hooked up to WiFi and you have an Amazon account. You’ll also need some other things such as batteries for the remote.
Get the Right Tools
Before setup begins, you need to make sure you have some infrastructure in place before you begin. Follow this list to ensure you have what you need before you begin to save time and frustration:
- Make sure your TV is hooked up to WiFi. The Firestick requires WiFi to work properly. You can check your WiFi status by navigating to the setup screen on your TV, clicking ‘WiFi’ settings, and viewing the ‘Network’ option.
- Next, you must ensure you have an Amazon account. If you do not have an Amazon account already, you will need to sign up for one in order to use your Firestick. You can create an account on Amazon’s website.
- Grab some AAA batteries. You’ll need 2 AAA batteries for your remote. The remote is essential to the setup process.
- Ensure your TV has an HDMI input. Your Firestick needs to be installed in one on the TV.
Now that your must-haves are in place, it’s time to power up your devices. First, grab your new remote and install the AAA batteries. Next, ensure your TV is turned on. Lastly, take the power adapter that came with your Firestick out, and plug one end into the Firestick. Take the other end and plug it into a power source or outlet. Turn on your Firestick.
HDMI Port Installation
Now that you have power to your Firestick, it is time to place it in the HDMI port on your Element TV. Most HDMI ports are located on the back of the Element TV. Locate it, and plug in the Firestick.
Pair The Remote
If the remote did not pair on its own when you inserted the batteries and turned on the Firestick, you will need to pair it yourself. To do this, hold the home button for 10 seconds. It should enter into discovery mode and automatically pair to the Firestick after doing so.
If you find your remote is stuck in discovery mode, there are quick and easy fixes.
Connect Firestick to WiFi
The Firestick needs to be connected to your WiFI to function properly. When the Firestick is powered on and properly connected to your TV via the HDMI port, it should automatically prompt you with a screen to follow to set up WiFi for the Firestick. Complete these steps to get connected.
Log In To Amazon
If the Firestick has not already done so, it will prompt you to log in to your Amazon account. If you do not have an Amazon account, you will need to make one for the Firestick to function properly.
Now that your Firestick is up and running, you can begin streaming. You can download streaming apps like Netflix, Hulu, and YouTube or simply use Prime Video if you are an Amazon Prime member. The choice is yours.
Firestick Tips and Tricks
Many users wonder if a Firestick is only good for video streaming. While the Firestick is great at video streaming, it also offers other functionality that many users overlook. Here is a list of some of the best tips and tricks you can use with your Firestick:
- The Firestick allows you to use Alexa on the remote for voice search. This will help you launch shows and movies, as well as get answers to simple questions that you can ask Alexa regularly. Alexa only works with Amazon official apps, not third-party apps.
- Connect your speakers or a headset to your Firestick for privacy and relaxation. If you want to watch a show late at night while your significant other is sleeping, you can use Bluetooth headphones to connect to the Firestick. This will prevent the sound from bothering your partner.
- You can also cast or mirror your phone with your Firestick. This means that the Firestick can take your screen and place it on the TV. It will play whatever movie, show, or video you have casting or mirroring at that moment.
Firestick Troubleshooting Tips
The Firestick is a fantastic streaming device when it is functioning properly. All technology has a glitch now and then, which can be frustrating for the user. Use these tips to troubleshoot your Firestick troubles:
- Restart the Firestick. Unplug it from its power source and your Element TV. Wait about five minutes. Plug it back in. This may refresh it enough to get it to work again.
- Restart your WiFi. Sometimes our WiFi connection snubs out or slows down. This can cause issues with the Firestick’s performance. Restart your router, or disconnect and reconnect with the WiFi to see if it helps.
- Move the router closer to the Firestick. Sometimes routers do not output enough signal to help the Firestick run as smoothly as possible. Moving the router closer to the Firestick should help any latency or buffering issues you may be having.
If you’re having other difficulties with your Firestick staying connected, there are plenty of other solutions.
Firestick is a Great Element
The Firestick is a great addition to your Element TV. It is a great way to watch your favorite shows at the click of a button. Element TV makes installing a Firestick easy, giving you more time to relax and unwind.