How to Connect AirPods Max to PS5 in 4 Steps
Owning a PS5 and AirPods Max can feel like you have two amazing but incompatible friends. This is because the PlayStation 5 does not currently accept wireless connections from AirPods Max. However, many people wonder if there is still a way for the two devices to work together.
There is a way to connect your wireless AirPods Max to the PS5 in just four simple steps. With patience, anyone can pair their wireless headphones with the PlayStation 5. Keep reading for all the details!
How to Connect AirPods Max to PS5 in 4 Steps
Pairing Apple’s AirPods Max with your PlayStation 5 is a perfect way to improve your gaming experience. Although the PS5 console does not have the Bluetooth capabilities to pair with these headphones easily, there is a way around the limitations.
Here’s how to connect your AirPods Max to your PlayStation 5 in four easy steps:
- Purchase a Bluetooth adapter
- Connect your Bluetooth adapter to your PS5
- Pair your AirPods Max to your PS5
- Adjust the volume on your AirPods Max
Now, let’s discuss each of these steps in more detail.
Purchase a Bluetooth Adapter
While the PlayStation 5 does not have the built-in Bluetooth capabilities necessary to accommodate AirPods Max, a Bluetooth adapter can provide the console with them. Before purchasing your adapter, ensure it’s compatible with the PS5 and your AirPods Max.
Most adapters will list their compatibility on the packaging or their website. Once you’ve confirmed that the adapter is compatible, you’ll need to consider its range, or the maximum distance your PS5 can be from your AirPods and still connect. If you have a larger living room or gaming area, consider purchasing an adapter with a longer range.
Finally, you’ll need to consider the price. Bluetooth adapters can range anywhere from a few dollars to over a hundred dollars, depending on their features and performance. Choose the adapter that offers all the features you need at the best price.
Connect Your Bluetooth Adapter to Your PS5
Once you’ve found an adapter, the next step is to connect it to the USB port on your PS5. Follow the steps below to do so:
- Insert the Bluetooth adapter into the USB port on the front of the PS5.
- Press and hold the PS button on the controller for 3 seconds. This will bring up the Quick Menu.
- Select “Settings” from the Quick Menu.
- Choose “Devices” within the Settings menu.
- Press “Bluetooth Devices” and choose your Bluetooth adapter from the list of available devices.
Now that your PS5 and adapter are paired, you should be able to pair your AirPods Max with your PS5.
Pair Your AirPods Max to Your PS5
At this point, you’re ready to pair your AirPods Max with your PS5. But, instead of pairing the headphones directly with the console, you’ll pair them with the Bluetooth adapter. Here’s how:
- Press and hold the Noise Control button on your AirPods Max until the LED flashes white. This will put them into pairing mode.
- On your PS5, go to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth Devices.
- Select “AirPods Max” from the list of available devices.
- Follow the prompts on-screen to complete the pairing process.
If you have trouble pairing your AirPods Max with the PS5, move the devices closer to each other and try again. If you’re still having problems, check if any updates are available for your AirPods. Updating may improve compatibility.
Adjust the Volume on Your AirPods Max
Before you start listening to music or playing a game, adjust your AirPods’ volume to avoid surprisingly high volumes. There are two ways to adjust the volume on your AirPods Max. The first is to use the physical buttons on the side of the headphones. You can simply press the “+” or “-” buttons to increase or decrease the volume.
The second way to adjust the volume is to use the Volume slider in the Settings menu. To access this menu, press and hold the Select button on your controller. Then, follow the steps below:
- Scroll down and select “Devices” from the list of options.
- From here, select “Audio Devices,” then “Volume Control (Headphones).”
- Use the slider to turn the volume on your AirPods up or down.
If you want to mute your AirPods Max, press and hold the AirPods Max “down volume button” until you hear a beep. This will disable the microphone on your AirPods Max and prevent any audio from being transmitted from your PS5.
Now that you know how to connect your AirPods Max to your PlayStation 5, you can use them to listen to any audio from your console. Just make sure you have your Bluetooth adapter connected to your PS5 before you start playing. Not only can these headphones help you better enjoy various activities, but they can also make gameplay easier by giving you easy access to the volume controls without any wires getting in the way.