How Do You Add a User to the ADT App?
Adding a new user to the ADT app depends on what device you’re using. Two different methods let you add users: the ADT Pulse App and ADT’s online portal. Both measures are fairly similar and require just a few moments of your time.
Continue reading to learn more about adding a user to the ADT app and what features they can access.
How to Add a User from the ADT app
Before adding a new user, make sure your ADT app is on its latest version. You can do this by checking for updates in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. Once you’ve checked for and installed any updates, proceed with these steps:
- Open the app.
- Tap on the “+” in the top righthand corner.
- Enter the new user’s first and last name.
- Press “Create.”
- Create an access code. You can come up with a unique combination or ask the app to generate a random one for you.
- Enable what features you want the user to control.
- Tap “Save.”
You can add as many users as you’d like within the app and make changes to the user’s controls at any time. For instance, if you only want them to have access at certain times, you can schedule those times from the app.
How to Add a User to the ADT App from the ADT Portal
It’s recommended that you download the ADT app, but you can also view and make changes on your computer. To add a user from the online portal:
- Type in https://portal.adtpulse.com.
- Enter your login information.
- Choose “Add User” in the top righthand corner.
- Enter the user’s first name, last name, and language preferences.
- Click “+” to add the user’s contact information, like their phone number and email address.
- Select the user’s access point.
- Create an access code.
- Make any restrictions on the user’s account or give them unlimited access to the security system’s features.
- Press “Save.”
How Can New Users Get Access to ADT’s Features?
Once you’ve successfully added another user, they should check their email for an invitation. By accepting the invitation, they become part of your ADT system’s security network.
If the new user doesn’t get the email, they should check their spam box or other related filters. Also, make sure that you correctly entered their email address into the app. Be sure to account for any numerals and case-sensitive words.
What Features Can an Added ADT User Access?
An added ADT user can:
- Access security camera recordings
- Arm and disarm the system
- Add the ADT app to other devices, like your Alexa or Google Home Assistant
- Configure the sensitivity settings
As the primary user, you can limit the things a shared user can access. For instance, if you only want your child to have access to the system when they come home from school, you can set a timeframe in which they can make changes.
Troubleshooting the Adding a User Process
If you have any problems adding a user, consider how the following measures could help you:
- Check the Google Play or App Store to check for any updates to the app.
- Double-check the information you entered.
- Ensure that your phone and security system are connected to the internet.
- Run through the already-mentioned steps above.
Worst case scenario, if you can’t add another user, contact ADT Customer Support. You can chat with a representative by dialing (800) 587-4198. Be ready to have your own user information ready.
Editing ADT User Profiles After Adding Them
You have complete control over who can configure and access your security system. If you want to edit a user’s profile or delete them from the system altogether, you can do that at any time.
To edit a user’s profile:
- Open the App or enter the online portal.
- Choose “My Profile.”
- Locate your user information.
- Press the pencil icon.
- Select “Change” by the information you want to edit.
- Make the changes and press “Save.”
To delete a user from your network altogether:
- Log in to the app or website.
- Choose “My Profile.”
- Select the “X” next to the user’s name.
- Press “Yes” to confirm these changes.
The user will not be notified that they were removed. They will instead be unable to access the features they previously had access to.
Adding a user to the ADT app varies slightly depending on whether you’re using the app or desktop website. However, you can add family members, roommates, and other parties to your ADT user network using the steps we mentioned above.