If you are the owner of a Tile Mate or Tile Pro Bluetooth tracker, you will most likely already know that they now come equipped with replaceable batteries, a feature that most users are really excited about. It’s pretty easy to change the battery yourself, and we are going to follow simple instructions on how to do so a little later if you need help, but for now, let’s find out how to reconnect your Tile after changing the battery.
Your Tile should automatically reconnect after changing the battery. However, if it doesn’t, you can reboot your device by simply hold down the Tile button for 10 seconds. If that does not work, you could need to reactive your Tile, update the device software, upgrade your Tile app, or if worse comes to worst, contact Tile Support. Tile Support Page
Tile has surpassed the various other Bluetooth trackers on the market because of its user-friendly devices that truly allow the consumer to easily fix any small problem they might encounter. Now, if that didn’t work, there is a chance you have changed the battery incorrectly, so let’s find out how to properly change the battery so that you can keep using your Tile tracker.
How Do I Reconnect My Tile to the App?
To ensure your device is properly set up before troubleshooting, make sure your device is connected to Bluetooth, your Location settings are on, you have upgraded your Tile app, and that your Tile software is up to date. From there, try again to restart your device by holding down the Tile button for 10 seconds.
If you’ve correctly replaced your dead battery, rebooting your Tile by holding down the Tile button for 10 seconds really should do the trick, but if it doesn’t, there are a few other options to try before calling the support team.
If that still does not work, your Tile is most likely not accurately activated. Follow these Tile suggested steps to fix the problem.
- Press your Tile button once.
- If it does not make a noise, strongly double-tap the button. This should play a ringtone and activate your Find My Phone feature and immediately reconnect to the app.
- If after pressing the button once your Tile does not make a noise, turn off the device for 30 seconds, then turn it back on.
- Make sure your Bluetooth is turned on, then reopen the Tile app (this could take up to 2 minutes.) Tile Connectivity Options
If all of these options fail you, and your device refuses to reconnect after changing the battery, it’s definitely time to contact Tile support.
How Do I Replace My Tile Battery?
First of all, to replace the battery on your Tile Mate or Pro, you will need a new battery. You can purchase your own for an extremely low price as they are fairly common watch batteries (the Tile Mate uses a CR1632 while the Tile Pro uses a CR2032.)
Or, if you subscribe to the Tile Premium Plan, they will have already sent you the new batteries for your annual replacement.
If for some reason your Tile battery has died before the 12-month mark, you simply need to contact Tile and they will quickly send you one for free as a part of their “worry-free warranty.”
Now that you have your battery ready, just follow these simple steps:
- To open the battery door, apply pressure and slide it diagonally downwards.
- Use a paperclip or a tiny screwdriver (the kind you find in an eyeglass repair kit) to pull out the dead battery.
- Place the new battery inside by hand.
- Ensure that the positive (+) side of the battery is face-up.
- Slide the door completely closed.
It’s as easy as that. Given that you don’t have any trouble reconnecting, your Tile should be up and running right away. Replacing a Dead Tile Battery
But if you have purchased the right battery, replaced it correctly, rebooted your Tile, and run through the troubleshooting options provided, your Mate or Pro should be reconnected and happily working away tracking all your gadgets!