By Trae Jacobs,
When you buy through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
It’s summer, and some people want to be outside to enjoy the weather. That shouldn’t exclude one from being able to read outside on a device instead of fumbling with a paper book. If you are looking for a Kindle that you can use to read outdoors, can a Kindle Paperwhite read in the sun?
The latest Kindle Paperwhite models have features that allow them to be read in the sun. These features include E-link technology, adjustable warm light, and a non-reflective screen. These features make the screen of Kindle Paperwhite appear like a physical book. So if you want to read in the sun, check if your preferred Kindle Paperwork has these features.
Understanding the features of your Kindle Paperwhite will help you know whether or not it can be read in the sun. In this article, we have outlined some features that make Kindle Paperwhite readable in the sun. We have also reviewed the best Kindle Paperwhites that can be read outdoor. Read on to find out more.
Features that make Kindle Paperwhite Readable in the Sun
Some of the features that allow the latest Kindle Paperwhite models to be readable in the sun or outdoor include;
- Adaptive front light. This automatically adjusts the screen brightness of your Kindle paperwhite according to the external light conditions.
- Adjustable warm light. This gives you a richer reading experience on your Kindle Paperwhite in any light condition.
- Customizable display screen. This allows your Kindle Paperwhite to detect changes in light for a personalized reading experience. You can also adjust the shades of your Kindle Paperwhite’s display from white to warm amber.
- A glare-free and sharp 300 pixels per inch display screen. This makes the texts on the screen appear as good as printed texts on physical paper. For instance, Kindle Paperwhite is about 10% brighter at its maximum. This allows it to be read in any light condition. It also allows for a uniform lighting presentation.
- Built-in light. This provides an even-lit and brighter display. For instance, it guides light from the sun towards the display rather than projecting it to your eyes. This minimizes the probability of screen fatigue.
- E-Ink technology. This allows you to easily turn the page of your Kindle Paperwhite in sunlight.
- Non-reflective screen. This enables your Kindle Paperwhite to reduce the chances of glare in sunlight.
All Kindle Paperwhites with these features can be read in the sun.
How Can I Adjust the Warm Light on My Kindle Paperwhite?
Before discussing how to adjust warm light on your Kindle Paperwork, it is vital to check whether your Kindle supports warm light adjustment.
After confirming that it supports warm light adjustment, you can get to the fun part of adjusting the warm light. Doing this is easy, and it takes just a few steps as outlined below:
- Click the down arrow on your Kindle Paperwhite Home Screen. This arrow is located at the top of your Kindle screen.
- Under Warmth, increase the warm light by tapping the “+” button. You can tap the “-” button to reduce the warm light.
- Step 3: Click below the Settings menu to exit this page.
Done! You have now successfully adjusted the warm light on your Kindle Paperwhite.
The Top Three Kindle Paperwhites That Can be Read in the Sun
Here are the top three Kindle Paperwhites that can be read in the sun:
The Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (11th Generation) features a 6.8-inch screen. It also features an adjustable warm light and a durable battery lasting up to ten weeks.
Besides, its 300 pixels per inch screen display will not tire your eyes and provides excellent readability in the sun.
This Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition features an adaptive front light that adjusts the display brightness automatically based on the external lighting conditions. You can also adjust the display shades from white to amber, allowing for personalized reading in the sun.
It is also thin and lightweight. For instance, you can easily carry it to any outdoor environment. Besides, its 32 GB storage capacity allows you to take thousands of e-books anywhere.
Furthermore, it features a glare-free 300-pixel-per-inch display. You can read it in any light condition. For instance, it is 10% brighter at its maximum.
The 10th generation Kindle Paperwhite is the lightest and thinnest Paperwhite e-reader. For instance, you can carry it to your favorite outdoor environments.
It features a flush-front display with a glare-free 300 pixels per inch display. This allows you to read it even in the bright sunlight.
Besides, this Kindle Paperwhite is waterproof, allowing you to relax and read it by the pool or at the beach freely.
Learning and knowing your Kindle Paperwhite’s detailed features is vital in understanding whether or not it can be read in the sun.
Although the ability to read in the sun will vary by model, the latest Kindle Paperwhite models have features that enable it to read in the sun.