Can I Change The Screensaver On My Sony TV?
A TV is a staple of almost every person’s house. They are usually found in living rooms, game rooms, family rooms, and bedrooms. TVs are great because they come packed with smart features to make life easier. They are also unique to each user because they can be customized. This begs the question: Can I change my Sony TV’s screensaver?
The screensaver can be changed on a Sony TV. Sony TVs utilize the Android TV platform, which allows them to be customized to user’s preferences. Users can change the screensaver picture or pictures within their Sony TV settings section.
Customizing your screensaver is a great way to add personality to your TV. Sony TVs can also be customized in other ways. Read on to learn how to change the screensaver on the Sony TV, change a Sony TV’s background, and rearrange the view on a Sony TV.
A Screensaver with Personality
Changing the screensaver on a Sony TV is a great way to customize your TV to showcase your personality or showcase your business. It’s an excellent option if you have your TV mounted because the screensaver can be used as some extra wall art.
The screensaver can feature a picture of your choice that can be found on an app or downloaded specifically to your TV. You can choose from the Google art gallery, your personal photo collection, or through an app of your choosing or an external file.
It’s easy to change the Sony TV’s screensaver; just follow these steps:
- Set up the Google Home app; you will need this to succeed in changing your screensaver. You can download it to your phone or Google Hub.
- Create a Google account to log in to your Google Home app. You need to log in to get the best features and benefits.
- Go to the ambiance in the settings in your Google Home App.
- Choose what you want to show up on your Sony TV screensaver.
- Preview the screensaver, and ensure it is to your liking.
- Save your selection; you have now successfully created a custom screensaver for your Sony TV.
The screensaver will now appear every time your TV goes into idle mode or energy-saving mode. The time it takes for the screensaver to kick in can be adjusted within the same screensaver options used to customize the picture.
A Background to be Proud of
Another feature that Sony allows users to access is the ability to change the background picture and graphics on their main TV screen. This is viewed through the menu and adds a different ambiance and personality to your viewing experience. Sony TVs are Android TVs, so selecting a background is easy if you follow these steps:
- Turn on your Sony TV and log into the Google Play store.
- Go to the search bar, enter the home screen in the search bar and select an app from the options that pop up.
- Download the app of your choosing and install it on your TV. Go in and find a picture that you want to use. Keep it in mind.
- Now go to the home screen by clicking the house icon on the remote control.
- Go to settings, then select about.
- Go to the build icon and continue to click it until a screen pops up telling you that you are now a developer.
- Now select the picture you want to use as your new TV background.
Backgrounds can turn your TV into a showstopping piece or act as an advertisement for a business. They can also be used as a preview for an event or as a fun family photo. Whatever you choose, it is made easy with a Sony TV.
Rearrange Your View
Sony’s flexibility is also beneficial to TV owners because they can freely rearrange their applications to fit their needs. Many TVs come with a basic app setup, and any new apps are automatically downloaded and added to the bottom of the app list. Sony makes it easy and allows users to rearrange their apps to suit their preferences; here’s how:
- Turn on your TV.
- Press the home button on your remote control.
- Navigate to the section named apps.
- Select the app that you want to move on your home screen.
- Tap the enter button, and hold it down until it allows you to move the app around.
- Use the arrow buttons to navigate where you want the app to go.
- When you have found the right spot, press the done button.
- Now press done and select enter again.
- Go back to the home screen and get a look at how the apps have been moved around. If you do not like the new position, try again until you find the best spot.
If you need to adjust more settings, you can change your settings further in developer mode. You can modify how many lines of apps you can see, the color, and the clarity of your app setup.
Personalize Your TV
Personalizing your TV is easy. It is a great way to amp up a party, impress a business group, or express yourself. Sony TVs are all Android-based, so you can follow the instructions above to get your desired results no matter which model you have.