Casting the contents of your Fire HD 10 on a larger screen on your TV is a pretty awesome feature. But is Fire HD 10 capable of screen mirroring? Here’s what you need to know.
The 5th Generation Fire HD 10 tablet has a built-in Display Mirror function allowing you to mirror screen your tablet to an Amazon Fire TV. But the newer series of Fire HD 10 (7th, 9th, and 11th) does not have the built-in Display Mirror function.
If you have just bought a later version of the Fire HD 10 only to find out that it doesn’t have the built-in Display Mirror function under settings, don’t worry. There are several ways you can mirror your new Fire HD 10 tablet’s screen to a TV or other media streaming device. Please keep reading to learn all the options you have for streaming any content from your Fire HD 10 to your TV with our step-by-step guide.
How To Screen Mirror Fire HD 10 To TV By Using Fire Stick
If you have a Fire Stick connected to your TV, you can mirror the 5th Generation’s Fire HD 10 (2015’s model) to your TV. In order to screen mirror Fire HD 10 to your TV by using Fire Stick, follow these steps:
- Go to your TV settings using your Fire Stick remote.
- Click “Display & Sounds.”
- Scroll down to “Enable Display Mirroring” and click on it.
- Go to your Fire HD 10’s settings.
- Tap on “Display” and tap “Display Mirroring.”
- Tap on the name of your Fire Stick TV. Wait 5-10 seconds. It will automatically start screening the Fire HD 10 screen on the TV.
Everything that you do on the tablet will now show on the TV. Note that the above screen mirroring option only works for Fire HD 10 (5th Generation) tablets. Keep reading to learn how to mirror the 7th, 9th, or 11th Generation Fire HD 10 to TV using a Miracast dongle or Micro USB adaptor.
If you would like to learn more abou Fire HD tablets, check out this article.
How To Screen Mirror Fire HD 10 To TV Using Micro USB Adaptor That Serves As A Miracast Dongle
You can use a Micro USB/USB C to HDMI adapter to display the content of your Fire HD 10 (any generation) to your TV. This option is useful as it allows you to project any Fire HD 10, including the seventh, ninth, and tenth generation tablet, to a TV with zero latency.
Generally, this type of adaptor has three ports: the HDMI port that connects to the TV, the USB port to charge the device, and the micro USB that connects to the Fire HD 10. The HDMI port utilizes its built-in converter that converts the media of Fire HD 10 using an app called Miracast.
In order to mirror Fire HD 10 to TV by using a Miracast dongle or Micro USB adaptor, follow these steps:
- Connect the HDMI cable of the dongle to your Tv. Please follow your TV manual if you are unsure of the correct way of connecting an HDMI cable to the TV.
- Plug and connect the power USB cable of the dongle to a power outlet.
- Plug the micro USB C cable into the micro USB slot of your Fire HD 10.
- As soon as you plug in the USB C cable to your Fire HD 10’s USB port, it will give you a few prompts, and you should accept them by tapping in OK. Doing so will prompt you to download an app on your Fire HD 10 called MiraPlug,
- Download the MiraPlug app either from the web or the Google play store and install the app.
- Once you’ve installed the required app, unplug and plug in the USB C cable once again to your Fire HD 10 tablet.
- Accept all the prompts by tapping “OK,” which will protect the screen of your Fire HD 10 to TV.
In this way, you can screen your Fire HD 10 to TV. But not all of us have a Fire TV Stick or Chromecast for screen mirroring Fire HD 10 to TV. Also, some of us might not find the idea of purchasing a Miracast dongle worth considering. Well, there’s another option left for you.
Keep reading to learn how to make Fire HD 10 7th/9th/10th Generation screen mirroring work by using streaming apps.
How To Screen Mirror Fire HD 10 To A Smart TV By Using A Screen Mirroring App
Fire HD 10 7th generation screen mirroring is possible by using certain screen mirroring apps. In fact, you can cast the screen of any generation of Fire HD 10 tablet to your TV by using a third-party streaming app from the Google Playstore.
However, many users complain that not all apps work; some will only cast the video but won’t play the sound; while some apps don’t even support the 2021 Fire HD 10+. Most importantly, you won’t get any Fire HD 10 compatible streaming app on the Amazon Appstore as of this writing. But there are some streaming apps on Google Play Store that you can use for screen mirroring your Fire HD 10.
Follow these steps to mirror screen your Fire HD 10 to your TV:
- First, download the Google Playstore app on your Fire HD 10 tablet.
- Download and install the “Rokify” app.
- Launch the app and tap “Web.” This will open a browser from where you can watch and cast videos.
- Tap the “Cast” button. This will open a dialogue box showing the name of your TV. Tap on the name of your TV, and it will start casting the video on your TV.
In this way, you can cast web videos, music, and photos from your Fire HD 10 to TV or other media streaming device.
Does Fire HD 10 Have Display Mirroring?
The newer series of Fire HD 10 does not have the Display Mirror function like the previous 5th Generation Fire HD 10. But it’s possible to cast the screen of Fire HD 7th, 9th, or 11th Generation by using screen mirroring dongles/devices like Fire TV Stick or Google Chromecast.
How Do I Know If My Fire HD 10 Is Capable Of Screen Mirroring?
The previous generation of Amazon Fire tablet (Fire HD 10 2015) has the built-in Display Mirror function and has the capabilities of screen mirroring. So if you are using any newer version of Fire HD 10 other than the 2015’s Fire HD tablet, it does not have the built-in Display Mirror function.
Hence Fire HD 10 9th, 10th, and 11th Generation tablets do not have the native ability to screen mirror. But you can make the Fire HD 10 cast screen to a TV that supports Miracast or by using a Miracast dongle, Google Chromecast, or Fire TV Stick. Please go through the above sections to learn about the various methods you can use to mirror your Fire HD 10 tablet’s screen to TV.
Now you know which models of Fire HD 10 support screen mirroring and how you can display your tablet’s screen to TV.