When you buy through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
With a smart TV, the capabilities for perks have only expanded. This includes attaching Bluetooth devices to your TV. But not all smart TVs have this capability because not every TV has Bluetooth. What about an Insignia Smart TV?
An Insignia TV does have the capabilities that include Bluetooth technology for headphones but it also depends on the TV. Some of these TVs do not have Bluetooth technology and so headphones cannot be used through this route.
Whether your TV has Bluetooth technology, there are many ways you can connect Bluetooth headphones to your Insignia TV. Continue reading to find out more about using Bluetooth headphones with your device.
Can I Connect Bluetooth Headphones To Insignia TV
You can connect your Bluetooth headphones to your Insignia TV if it has Bluetooth compatibility. You can check your TV’s settings to see if Bluetooth is a part of its features. You may even find it in connectivity. But Bluetooth isn’t the only way you can connect your headphones.
How To Connect Your Bluetooth Headphones
Once you have learned your TV has Bluetooth connectivity, you can now connect your Bluetooth wireless headphones to it. You will be hearing your TV without disturbing others or others disturbing you. Here are the steps to connecting your headphones to your TV:
- Ensure your headphones are in pairing mode. Check the manual to see how to turn the pairing on.
- Turn on the Bluetooth function on your TV in the settings.
- Once it is on, begin scanning for new devices. This may look like a little plus sign button on your TV.
- It may take your TV a minute to scan everything.
- If your TV doesn’t discover your headphones, you may need to place your headphones closer to your TV.
- Once your scanning is done, your headphones should pop up on the devices found. It may be the device name or brand.
- Select your device to pair.
- Once your TV pairs with your headphones, it will move the device to your “paired devices” list.
- Now you can switch your speakers to play through your headphones rather than your TV speakers.
This process should only take a few minutes. If you ever need assistance, you can contact Insignia support or the brand of your headphones.
What If It Is A Roku TV?
If your Insignia TV does not have Bluetooth capabilities but is a Roku TV, you can connect your Bluetooth headphones through the application. You will need your smartphone or a tablet to complete this connection. This is everything you need to do to connect to your Roku TV:
- Download the Roku app on your phone or tablet.
- Log into your account.
- Turn on pairing mode on your headphones.
- Scan for Bluetooth devices on your phone.
- Pair your headphones with your smartphone or tablet.
- Go into your Roku app.
- Click on “devices” within the application.
- Choose your headphones.
- Click on the remote symbol in your application.
- Find the headphone icon and click on it.
- Start listening to what is playing on your TV through your Bluetooth headphones.
You can disconnect your headphones through the Roku TV application or you can use your remote to do it through your television.
Other Ways To Use Your Bluetooth Headphones
If your Insignia TV doesn’t have Bluetooth nor is it a Roku TV, there are many other routes you can take to connect your Bluetooth headphones. Here are the many other possibilities to connect your headphones:
- Use a third-party application.
- Get a Bluetooth transmitter or receiver.
- Go through your phone.
Use A Third-Party Application
You can download a third-party application that will connect your headphone to your TV. This route is one of the least amiable options but it is still an alternative. Sometimes these apps can be slow or bogged down by ads within the application.
Get A Bluetooth Transmitter Or Receiver
You can buy a Bluetooth transmitter or receiver that transmits the Bluetooth connectivity as if your TV had Bluetooth capability. You connect this device to your television and then connect your Bluetooth headphones to it. Then you can listen to your TV through your headphones!
Go Through Your Phone
You can use the screen mirror function on your phone and have your headphones paired to your phone. You can choose where you play the sound. This way can be a little daunting but it is a route you can choose if nothing else seems to work.
Your smart TV is capable of so many things given the right determination and creativity. There is always a solution with all the technology and new applications being created out there. There will always be a way to connect your headphones to your television.