When you play your favorite games on your computer, it can be very relaxing. It can also bring you a lot of joy. It can be heartwrenching if your computer monitor dies in the middle of your games. After pondering the problem, you eye your Insignia TV and wonder, can an Insignia TV be used as a computer monitor?
Yes, an Insignia TV can be used as a computer monitor. You will need to plug it into your computer using an HDMI cord to connect it. This will allow your computer to recognize your TV as a monitor.
Now that you know you can use your Insignia TV as a computer monitor, read about the best Insignia TVs to use as a computer monitor, set up the connection and resolution for computer use, and troubleshooting tips when using your TV as a monitor.
Top Insignia TVs
Not every Insignia TV comes with the same features. Each Insignia TV is manufactured differently to meet different consumer needs. All TVs come in multiple sizes to choose from. Selecting the right Insignia TV comes down to preference, features, and price.
Here are some of the best Insignia TVs to use as computer monitors:
- Insignia NS-32DF310NA19 TV
- Insignia NS-43DF710NA21 TV
- Insignia NS-24DF310NA21 TV
- Insignia F30 Series TV
- Insignia NS-50DF711SE21 TV
If you already have an Insignia TV and wonder which one you have, there are different ways to find the model number. Even though you can use most Insignia TVs as a computer monitor, these are the best.
Insignia NS-32DF310NA19 TV
This Insignia TV is a 32” smart TV. It has the Amazon Fire operating system and is a great TV for streaming. Additionally, it has a good picture. The TV allows for 720p picture quality. The color, contrast, and black and white qualities projected on the screen are all stunning. If you want HD quality, you only need to use an HDMI cable to attain it.
Insignia NS-43DF710NA21 TV
This Insignia TV is a bit larger at 43”. It is also a Fire TV and is great for streaming. What sets this TV apart is the number of pixels it has. This TV has over 8 million pixels which guarantees an amazing quality picture for your gaming experience. The TV is larger, so it may not be so easy to mount on your desk as a stand-up option.
Insignia NS-24DF310NA21 TV
This Insignia TV is a moderate size at 39”. It will fit in most spaces quite well and give your computer a good viewing experience. It has a 60 Hz refresh rate and also provides 720p image quality. It also offers WiFi hookup, which is convenient for actual streaming use.
Insignia F30 Series TV
This Insignia TV line is great for anyone who wants to have a massive screen to play their computer on. It rings in at 50” and is a good option for anyone looking for a large screen. It comes in sizes from 43” to 75”. It has great sound quality, 4k ultra high definition imaging, and plenty of inputs to plug into.
Insignia NS-50DF711SE21 TV
This is another Insignia TV that is a larger contender. It also rings in at 50” and provides users with 4k image resolution. It has over 8 million pixels, excellent audio, and immersive sound. This is a great computer monitor for first-person shooters or MMORPGs. The screen resolution can be adjusted to fit any user’s needs.
Set Up Your Insignia as a Computer Monitor
Setting up your Insignia TV as a computer monitor is a relatively easy task. For those new to this type of setup, read our instructions below for the best outcome:
- First, situate the TV where you want it to be. Optimize the area so that the TV is not too far from your computer but has enough room to run with the air around it.
- Take an HDMI cable and plug it into the HDMI port on the TV. Take the other end of the cable and plug it into your computer.
- Plug the monitor into a power source.
- Turn on your Insignia TV and then turn on your computer.
- When the computer boots up, it should now use the TV as the main screen.
Adjust Your Resolution
Now that your Insignia TV is connected to your computer’s monitor, it is likely that you will need to adjust the resolution to get the best picture quality. To do this, you must go to your display settings in your computer. There will be different resolution options to choose from in a drop-down menu. Try out a few until you find the best one for you.
Troubleshooting Your Insignia TV
Sometimes a computer monitor or TV used as a computer monitor does not work properly. This is a normal occurrence that can happen to anyone. Here are some of the best ways to try to remedy the issues:
- If the screen is not powering up, check that the power cable is snug in place. Give it a wiggle to see if it gets the monitor back up and running.
- If the graphics look awful, it may be an issue with the resolution. Go back into your computer display settings and fiddle with the resolution settings. Try a couple out until it meets the quality you expect.
- If the color looks odd, try adjusting the contrast settings. This will help brighten or dull the color, so it is not too overwhelming.
- Calibrate the TV monitor. Many TVs come with auto-calibrate settings. If you select this, the monitor will adjust to recommended settings by the manufacturer; this may solve the image quality problem you may be having.
TVs are Great Computer Monitors
If you do not have a computer monitor and need something to use with your computer, a TV is a great affordable alternative. Not only do they provide great picture quality, but they also provide great sound. The next time your computer monitor breaks, consider using an Insignia TV instead.