4 Ways to Get Crunchyroll on Sony TV
Crunchyroll is a great streaming service for those who enjoy watching anime. You can watch all your favorite movies and TV shows from your internet browser or from the app on your phone. If you want to stream Crunchyroll to your Sony TV though, you might be wondering how to get started.
Using Crunchyroll on the Sony Smart TV is pretty simple, but with many ways to watch. We will also discuss how to use Crunchyroll on your Smart TV if you are using Apple AirPlay or Google Cast. You can even use an HDMI port! Continue reading to learn how to watch Crunchyroll.
Stream from Crunchyroll to Sony Smart TV
Your Sony Smart TV should have an app store where you can download the Crunchyroll app and stream directly onto the TV. There are just a few steps to get you started. Here they are:
- Before downloading the app, make sure you have an account so that you can sign in and enjoy all the content. Sign up for an account here.
- Go to the Home Screen on your Sony Smart TV.
- Launch the app store.
- Search for Crunchyroll in the search bar.
- Click Download next to the app.
- Once it’s been installed, log into your account using the correct email and password.
- Once you have logged in, it will take you to the content page and you can stream.
As long as you have the Crunchyroll app, you will have access to all the same content on the TV as you do on the phone and computer.
Use Apple AirPlay with Crunchyroll On Sony TV
If you do not want to download the app onto your Sony TV, you might want to use the Apple AirPlay feature to cast the content from the app onto the TV. To get started, follow these easy steps:
- Make sure you have a Crunchyroll app so you can log in and find all your content.
- Download the Crunchyroll app on your iPad or iPhone.
- Log in to the app once it has completed installation.
- Connect the TV and the iPhone or iPad to the same WIFI network. You will not be able to cast if you are using cell phone data or are connected to two different networks.
- Start playing the content you want through the app.
- Select the AirPlay icon.
- Choose the name of your Sony Smart TV from the drop-down menu.
- Click Start.
If you do see the AirPlay option, it might be because you have not updated your Sony Smart TV’s firmware lately.
Click here for instructions on how to update the firmware. Not updating your firmware can cause many different streaming issues, so you always make sure you have it on the latest version.
Use Crunchyroll App on Google Cast
Some people also choose to use Crunchyroll on Google Cast if they do not want to put the app on their TV. The steps are simple and go as followed:
- Sign up here for a Crunchyroll account if you do not have one.
- Install the app on your IOS device or Android device depending on which one you are using for streaming.
- Log into your account.
- Make sure your Sony TV is on the same WIFI network as the phone or tablet you are using.
- Start playing the content of your choice from the app.
- Choose the Google Cast icon.
- Choose the name of your Sony TV from the drop-down menu.
- It should start streaming whatever you are watching on the app.
You can now binge-watch your favorite anime shows on one of the leading anime entertainment applications.
Connect A Device Through HDMI
Sometimes you may not be able to use AirPlay or Google Cast. In this case, you can connect a device through the HDMI port like a firestick or even your phone. You can even attach a smart device like a tablet or iPad!
If you need to buy an HDMI cable to connect to your smart device, just ensure that it has the correct connector to that device. The cable isn’t very expensive and you can watch without an internet connection. Once you have it, you can connect your device to your TV and start watching.
You can also buy a firestick or other devices similar to such. Download the Crunchyroll application, log into your account, and begin watching your favorite anime shows!
If you want to watch your Crunchyroll content on your Sony TV, you have many different options. You can either download the app directly onto the TV or you can use Google Cast or Apple AirPlay to cast from your phone or tablet. Or you can buy an HDMI cable or device like a firestick.