Like most people these days, you have a robot vacuum to take care of home cleaning. It is a WYZE Robot Vacuum, and it has been working pretty well since you bought it. However, it suddenly does not connect to your home network anymore. Now, you might be keen to know about the troubleshooting tricks to resolve this issue and how can you reset the Wi-Fi connection?
To reset a WiFi connection on a WYZE Robot Vacuum, follow these instructions:
- Open the WYZE app.
- Tap Home and select WYZE Robot Vacuum.
- Press and hold the Home and Power buttons until the WiFi reset is confirmed.
- Tap the Next option and choose the WiFi network.
The app may ask for a new name for the device when the connection establishes. Turn your phone’s cellular data OFF before the process to avoid issues when resetting the connection. You should keep reading to learn more about how you should set your WYZE Robot Vacuum up for optimal performance.
How Do I Reconnect My WYZE Robot Vacuum To WiFi?
To set up a new WYZE Robot Vacuum on a WiFi network:
- Open the WYZE app.
- Tap Home and tap the + sign.
- Tap Add Device
- Navigate to Home and select WYZE Robot Vacuum.
- Press Home and Power buttons for a few seconds.
- Click the Next in the app and connect to WiFi.
You will find the + sign in the top-left corner of the screen. If you would like to learn more about Wyze, check out this article.
Tips to Establish a WiFi Connection Successfully
Here are some tricks to troubleshoot a failed Wi-Fi connection on your WYZE Robot Vacuum:
- Before trying to establish a connection on your WYZE Vacuum, ensure that it has enough charge to stay on for some time. Connect it to the charging station if the batteries are about to go flat. The status light should be pulsing with yellow color when charging.
- Although it is necessary to turn mobile data OFF for the setup, you should also turn off the auto-reconnect feature on your phone if it is active for other Wi-Fi networks.
- Whenever you try to configure a Wi-Fi connection, the status light should be blinking white. If it is of another color, pulsing slowly, or solid, the robot vacuum is not in the correct mode.
- If you followed the steps mentioned above and still could not get your device to connect, select Forget the Wi-Fi Network in your phone and repeat the process after reconnecting to it.
- When the robot vacuum finishes setting up, send it on a cleaning run to verify that the connection was successful and no more issues need fixing. Most importantly, you’ll come to know if your WYZE Vacuum strays out of range of the Wi-Fi router at any point during its round of the house.
If the device goes out of range, move to a more ‘central’ position in the house. If you have a big home, you might want to buy a Wi-Fi Extender- Wireless Signal Booster to make the vacuum work. It is among the more powerful routers you can buy to solve the problem.
How do I create a map on WYZE Robot Vacuum?
To create a map for the device, take the following steps:
- Open the WYZE app.
- Tap on the WYZE Robot Vacuum.
- Select Clean.
- Let the device complete a cleaning run and return to the charging station.
After setting up your new WYZE Robot Vacuum, you would naturally want to map out your home space for the device. You do not need to map out an area separately before cleaning it with the robot. It takes care of that itself.
When the robot vacuum goes on its first cleaning trip, it maps out the surroundings and plans the most efficient cleaning path to follow for future runs. Every time it returns to the charging station, the LIDAR sensor creates a very accurate map of your house. You can review and edit this map in the WYZE app, but you cannot have multiple maps at once.
Before the device embarks on its maiden voyage across your house, it is a good idea to remove small objects from the floor that might get in the way of the robot. Things like small toys, blankets, and thick carpets can result in the device generating an inaccurate or incomplete map.
In today’s world, almost all of the devices we use are ‘smart’ in that they are independent to an extent in their function. Home appliances like robotic vacuum cleaners require constant internet connectivity to perform basic tasks. However, things can occasionally go wrong with Wi-Fi connections as they are wireless.
If you ever have problems with connecting your WYZE device to your home Wi-Fi network, you will know what to do and how to do it. Wi-Fi signals can also lose fidelity by obstacles between the router and the robot. So take care of all these things, and keep your beloved home clean and fresh, always.