Why Can’t I See A Shared Google Calendar On My iPhone?
Google calendars are a great way to share your ever-changing schedule with your family and friends, and vice versa! However, in order to successfully use this service, of course, you will want to see the shared calendars on your phone. So let’s find out why you can’t see a shared Google calendar on your iPhone and fix the problem right now!
If a shared Google calendar isn’t appearing on your iPhone, it could be because the calendar owner didn’t share it properly, you didn’t successfully add the Google calendar to your list, or the Google Calendar app is malfunctioning.
In this article, we will step through how to find out why you can’t see a shared Google calendar on your iPhone and, more importantly, how to fix the problem so you can see the shared calendar in no time!
3 Reasons Why You Can’t See a Shared Google Calendar on Your iPhone
Alright, so you can’t see a shared Google calendar on your iPhone, don’t worry; we have the answers you need!
There are essentially three reasons why you can’t see a shared Google calendar on your iPhone:
- The calendar owner didn’t share it correctly.
- You did not successfully add the calendar to your list.
- The Google Calendar app is malfunctioning.
While it’s tough to know which problem you are encountering before attempting the solutions, luckily, each of these problems is extremely easy to solve.
The step-by-step instructions for how to do so are right here!
The Calendar Wasn’t Shared Correctly
One of the most common problems Google calendar users encounter is that they simply don’t share a calendar properly.
To ensure this isn’t the issue you are facing, the owner of the calendar should follow these directions:
- Open Google Calendars on your computer.
- NOTE: You can’t share calendars from the Google Calendar app.
- Click the My Calendars option on the left side of the screen.
- Select the Down Arrow and the option for More.
- Click Settings and Sharing.
- Under Share with Specific People, select Add People.
- Add the email that you want to share it with.
- Select Send.
That’s all there is to it! Now, it’s up to the recipient to accept the calendar in order for them to see it on their iPhone.
The Recipient Did Not Accept the Calendar
If you know that the calendar was sent correctly, the next reason why it’s not appearing on your iPhone is that you did not accept the Google calendar!
You should have received an email with an invitation to add the shared calendar to your Google Calendars.
Within the email, there will be an option to accept the calendar. Once you click there, you should be good to go!
If you didn’t receive the email, you can request a Google calendar from a friend or coworker by sending them a subscription request.
- On your computer, open Google Calendar.
- Select Add next to Other Calendars on the left side of the page.
- Click Subscribe to Calendar.
- Enter the person’s email address who owns the calendar.
- Click Enter.
If the person already shared it with you, the calendar will automatically be added to your calendars.
However, if they did not share it correctly, they will be prompted to approve the request via their email.
Once again, it’s important to note that you cannot accept a shared calendar on the Google Calendar app; you will have to use a computer or mobile browser to do so.
The Google Calendar App is Malfunctioning
At the end of the day, no app is perfect! It could be that you and the owner of the Google calendar did everything right, and yet you still cannot see the shared calendar on your iPhone.
If you think the Google Calendar app might be at fault, here’s what you need to do:
- Ensure your iPhone is connected to the internet either via mobile data or WiFi.
- Check that you’re using the Google Calendar app.
- Quit and then reopen the app.
- Log out of your account and then back in
- Uninstall and reinstall the app.
Hopefully, the problem is now solved, and you can successfully view a shared Google calendar on your iPhone!
The Bottom Line
So, why can’t you see a shared Google calendar on your iPhone? You know the answer to this one now!
You probably can’t see a shared Google calendar on your iPhone because it was sent incorrectly, you didn’t accept the calendar once it was shared, or the Google Calendar app is simply not functioning properly.
And now you not only know why you are experiencing this issue. But, much more importantly, how to fix it yourself so you can enjoy sharing calendars on the Google Calendar app and easily viewing them from your iPhone!