What’s The Difference Between Fire Stick Lite And Fire Stick?
If you are considering purchasing an external streaming device for your television, the Amazon Fire Stick products are fantastic options. However, within the Fire Stick family, there are several different models with various advantages and of course, a few disadvantages. So let’s find out: What’s the difference between the Fire Stick Lite and the Firestick?
The Fire Stick and the Fire Stick Lite are almost identical. The only differences are that the newer Fire Stick’s offer 4K resolution, connect to external speakers, and the remote can control the TV and the Stick.
In this article, we are going to go through the many pros and cons of both the Fire Stick Lite and the Fire Stick, so you can decide for yourself which option is the right one for your home!
Pros and Cons of the Fire Stick Lite
The Fire Stick Lite is an incredibly popular streaming device, but before you go ahead and get one for your home, you need to understand the different pros and cons of what it has to offer!
Pros of the Fire Stick Lite
There are quite a lot of positives of opting for the Fire Stick Lite; here are some of our favorite features:
- It’s affordable. The Fire Stick Lite is the cheapest streaming device on the market.
- It’s easy to install. All you need to do to start enjoying the Fire Stick Lite is plug it in to the HDMI port on the back of your television!
- It has Alexa built in. Once you enable Alexa on your Fire Stick Lite, you can control the device with just your voice.
- You can watch hours of streaming entertainment. Netflix, Prime Video, Disney+, Peacock, and more are all available on the Fire Stick Lite.
- It offers live TV. With a subscription to SLING TV, YouTube TV, or anything other platform, you can watch live TV.
- You can listen to music. Sign into your Spotify, Amazon Music, Pandora, or a variety of other music streaming sites to enjoy music straight from your TV.
Now, let’s learn about the unfortunate downsides of this device.
Cons of the Fire Stick Lite
There is no device on earth that doesn’t have a few disadvantages, and although the Fire Stick Lite does have a few, it’s really up to you whether or not they are going to deter you from choosing this handy streaming device.
- It does not offer 4K resolution. If you have a 4K TV, and if you bought your television in the past few years, it probably does, that means you are enjoying a great picture quality. However, when using the Fire Stick Lite for streaming, it will only show 1080 HD resolution which will decrease the quality.
- The remote can’t control your TV. Although the streaming device is easy to use, you will need to use two separate remotes to control it, one for the television, i.e. the input and volume, and one to navigate through the Fire Stick Lite’s menu.
- It doesn’t connect to external sound systems. If your television is connected to an external sound system, the Fire Stick Lite won’t make the same connection and it will only play audio through the TV’s original speakers.
That’s everything you need to know about the Fire Stick Lite, now let’s find out a little more about its slightly more expensive brother, the Fire Stick.
Pros and Cons of the Fire Stick
Amazon’s Fire Stick has gone through a few upgrades over the years; for the purpose of this article we are going to discuss the pros and cons of the newest model, the Fire TV Stick 4K Max.
Pros of the Fire Stick
Because it is the most recently released model of the Fire Stick family, the Fire TV Stick 4K Max has a lot to offer! It has everything the Fire Stick Lite has, as well as these additional features:
- It offers 4K resolution. Finally, you can watch all your favorite streaming entertainment with the best possible resolution. As long as your TV offers 4K resolution, you can enjoy the same quality with the Fire Stick.
- It has immersive Dolby Atmos audio. This Fire Stick will connect with external speaker systems as well as the internal speakers on your television and produce a seriously impressive sound!
- It’s fast. Gone are the days of lagging screens and programs, the Fire STick works with WiFi-6 to ensure you get the fastest speeds possible.
While this may seem like the perfect device, you should always be aware of the cons before making a purchase.
Cons of the Fire Stick
Every other feature is slightly more impressive than those of the Fire Stick Lite.
Hopefully, you now have all the information you need to decide which of these streaming devices is right for you!
The Fire Stick Lite is a great affordable option, although there are a few downsides and missing features. Whereas the Fire Stick truly has it all, but with a higher price tag.
The choice is yours!