What Size Screws Are Used to Mount a Samsung TV?
Screws are a vital part of mounting a Samsung TV to the wall. Without them, you could end up damaging your expensive new television, or worse, someone can get hurt if it falls. So what size screws should you use?
The size of the screw will vary depending on the size of your Samsung TV. However, as a general rule of thumb, you should use M4 screws for 19 to 22-inch TVs, M6 for 30 to 40-inch TVs, and M8 for 43 to 88-inch Samsung TVs.
Samsung TVs are notoriously hard to mount on the wall. Therefore, if you’re having difficulty picking out the screws, you’re not alone. There is a lot of confusion about what size screws you need for your Samsung TV. Is it M4 or M8? This blog post will help you figure out which screw size you need!
What Size Screws Do You Need to Mount Your Samsung TV?
Now that you have determined the ideal spot for the Samsung TV, you’re probably wondering what size screws you need to secure it to the wall.
It’s crucial to get the correct screw size for several reasons. For starters, the screw size can affect your TV’s ability to hang on the wall. The wrong screw can send your TV crashing to the ground— the last thing you need after spending a fortune on your TV.
However, if you have the correct screw, it will sustain the weight of your Samsung TV against the constant gravitational pull and anchor it solidly in the wall.
Incorrect screw size may also compromise your wall and take chunks out of the drywall where you secure it above the stud. So, what’s the ideal screw size for mounting your Samsung TV?
Samsung recommends the following screw sizes:
- M4*25m for Samsung TV screens that are 19 to 22 inches in size.
- M6*16mm for Samsung TV screens that are 30 to 40 inches in size.
- M8*40mm for Samsung TV screens that are 45 to 88 inches in size.
Factors to Consider Before Mounting Your Samsung TV
Mounting your TV saves you space and enhances your viewing experience. Furthermore, it allows more people to view the screen comfortably, and it can unify the design of your room. However, you can only reap these benefits if you follow the correct mounting procedure. There are several things to consider before mounting your Samsung TV. These include:
Find the Right Position
It’s crucial to choose an ideal spot for your TV. A prime location will have a good line of sight and avoid accidents, such as pets knocking it over or spills from drinks. Also, it’s best to place the screen so that viewers don’t have too high of an angle when they sit down on their couch.
The wall you choose to mount your TV on needs to be strong enough. For example, older homes may not have studs that are placed 16 inches apart from each other, and you definitely don’t want to hang a heavy screen over drywall.
Therefore, it’s crucial to check the structural integrity of your wall before beginning. A stud finder can be used to locate where the studs are in your wall.
Clearance Around the Screen
Another crucial consideration when mounting your TV is the amount of clearance you need around the screen. You’ll want to avoid any cords or wires that may cause a dangerous situation for your family members and pets, so be sure there’s enough space surrounding the screen.
How to Mount Your TV
Once you’ve purchased screws for mounting your Samsung TV, it’s essential to cross-check that these are the correct size, according to the size and weight of your Samsung TV. After this step, you can continue to mount your Samsung TV.
Before mounting your TV, consider getting assistance depending on the weight and height of your TV of choice.
Here is what you will need to mount your TV:
- Masking tape
- Stud finder
- Wall mounting kit
- Measuring tape
- Power drill
- Flathead screwdrivers
- Samsung TV mounting screws
Follow the steps below to mount your Samsung TV:
- Find the studs using your stud finder, and mark them on the wall lightly using a pencil. For most TVs, it is not more than a span of two studs.
- Mark the place on your wall where you are planning to screw. Be sure to use a level to make sure your screws go right between the studs.
- Drill your pilot holes that go through the drywall and reach the studs.
- Mount your wall bracket using your flathead screwdrivers with the screws that you’ve purchased. Make sure that your wall mount is well tightened and right in place.
- Attach the mounting plate to your Samsung TV using the attachment system that comes along with it.
- Lift your TV slightly higher than the position you want it to be in because you will have to lower it while attaching it to the bracket. While lifting your TV, make sure that you only hold it from its upper and lower edges and don’t put any pressure on the display. TV displays are incredibly fragile, and even the slightest strain can damage them.
- Put your TV in place with the drop-in connectors, safety screws, or other means of attachment that it comes along with.
- Tighten the attachment screws if the need be.
- Plug in your TV and enjoy!
Mounting a TV on the wall is safe and more convenient than placing it on a stand or shelf. However, it’s crucial to research and purchase the correct size of screws needed to mount your Samsung TV to ensure your safety.
Once you have this in hand, follow the guidelines in this article to mount your TV without any hassle!