What Is The Difference Between Ring Pro And Ring Pro 2?
Ring is known for making some of the best smart home security systems in the business. They are constantly creating new and “better” models that have fancier features and a higher price tag. To find out if opting for the newest model is worth it, you probably want to know: What is the difference between the Ring Pro and the Ring Pro 2?
The Ring Pro and Ring Pro 2 video doorbells are essentially the same product with a few important differences: the Ring Pro 2 offers a bird’s eye view aerial option, enhanced motion detection and audio, head-to-toe surveillance, and fewer unwanted alerts.
If you want to understand the ins and outs of both the Ring Pro and the Ring Pro 2 as well as their many similarities and differences, keep reading! This article has everything you need to know including a side-by-side comparison so you can decide for yourself if the Ring Pro 2 is worth the upgrade!
What Does the Ring Pro Offer?
If you are looking to enhance your home security and make your life just a little more convenient, a video doorbell is a great choice. The Ring Pro was released in 2016 as the company’s first wired doorbell.
With its release came a ton of new features that customers seriously loved, and the model is still an extremely popular option today.
Here’s what you’ll get with the Ring Pro video doorbell:
- Easy installation. Although the Ring Pro is a wired doorbell, i.e. you need to connect it to the electrical voltage of your home, Ring promises that the process will take less than 15 minutes and can be done by almost anyone.
- Connection to your smartphone or tablet. You can easily control your Ring Pro preferences and get alerts sent directly to your smart device with the Ring app.
- Built-in Alexa. You can control your Ring Pro with just your voice through the built-in Alexa feature.
- 1080p HD video resolution. See what’s happening in front of the camera clearly with improved resolution.
- Motion detection. Your Ring Pro will alert you when it senses motion in front of your door.
- Two-way talk. With the Ring Pro, you can talk to your visitors, delivery people, or anyone who comes to your front door and hear their response directly through the Ring app.
- Colorized night vision. Older Ring video doorbells only offered black and white night vision, and although the Pro does not have full-color night vision, the colorized feature makes seeing visitors at night much clearer.
- Ring Protection Plan compatible. If you opt for the Ring Protection Plan subscription, you can record the videos taken by your Ring Pro and save them for up to 180 days.
While this may seem like a whole lot of features, before you go ahead and grab a Ring Pro, let’s find out what the Ring Pro 2 has to offer!
What Does the Ring Pro 2 Offer?
The Ring Pro 2 was released in 2021, and while it offers everything that the Ring Pro has, it also has a few new and improved features you should know about.
- 1536p HD+. The Ring Pro 2 has a much better video resolution than the Ring Pro, so you can clearly see who is at your door.
- Audio+. Ring has also improved the sound quality on the Pro 2. You still have the two way talk option but you will be able to communicate much better with your visitors.
- Bird’s eye aerial view. With the Pro 2, you can see where visitors have entered and left your yard with the bird’s eye view. You can also see if any animals or humans are lingering away from the doorbell’s line of vision.
- Head-to-toe surveillance. With the Pro 2 you can see packages left on the ground and the tops of visitors’ heads no matter where you place the doorbell.
- Reduce unwanted motion detection. The Pro 2 has much more specific motion detection settings so you don’t get an alert when a squirrel runs across your yard.
These features may or may not make you want to upgrade to the Ring Pro 2, but overall, most consumers feel as though it is worth the increased price tag.
Side-by-Side Comparison: Ring Pro & Ring Pro 2
For your convenience, we have created a simple table that shows a side-by-side comparison of these two devices so you can confidently decide which option is best for your home!
|Feature||Ring Pro||Ring Pro 2|
|Audio||Two-Way Talk||Two-Way Talk & Audio+|
|Resolution||1080 HD||1536 HD+|
|Bird’s Eye View||No||Yes|
|Head To Toe Vision||No||Yes|
Hopefully, that is all the information you need! Of course, the Pro 2 is slightly more expensive than the Ring Pro, so it’s really up to you whether you think the new features are worth it!
So, what is the difference between the Ring Pro and the Ring Pro 2?
While the Ring Pro 2 offers everything the Ring Pro does, it also has a bird’s eye view aerial option, enhanced motion detection and audio, head-to-toe surveillance, and fewer unwanted alerts.