Roku Express Why Does it Keep Turning Off
It can be frustrating when your Roku device does not work properly, like constantly shutting off on its own. You would rather not be wasting your time figuring out what is causing the issue and, instead, would much rather be watching and enjoying your favorite shows or movies on your Roku device. So, what do you do when this happens?
Your Roku Express constantly turns off on its own because of technical malfunction or your equipment may be damaged. Luckily, there are simple and easy solutions that can help you fix any of the problems you are facing.
It is important to figure out why your Roku Express constantly shuts off on its own because you can then follow simple steps to resolve the problem. Continuing reading to learn more about the reason for your problem and how to resolve them.
Reasons Why Your Roku Express Keeps Turning Off
Understanding why your Roku Express is constantly turning off on its own will help you in figuring out how to solve the problem. That way, if or when this problem arises again, you will be able to perform any of the solutions provided without having to waste time researching it.
Here is a list of reasons why your Roku Express may be turning off on its own all the time:
- Your Roku device needs to be updated
- You may have poor internet connection
- You may need to reset your Roku device
- The micro-USB cable or the wall adapter may be damaged
Let’s take a look at each of these points and what to do in these cases below.
Update Your Roku Express
One reason your Roku Express is always shutting off on its own may be because your Roku
device is not up to date. Your device could be running slower, or it may be missing important performance updates, such as bug fixes if it is not up to date.
To check if your device needs to be updated, follow these steps:
- Find the “settings” tab on your TV and select it
- Scroll down until you see the “System” tab
- Scroll down and select “System Update”
- Here, you will be able to check if your device is up to date
- If your Roku device is not updated or if you want to ensure that it is updated, simply click the “Check Now” tab, and your device will update
Next, let’s check out why poor internet connection may be the culprit for your Roku Express to suddenly turn off.
Poor Internet Connection
You may experience your Roku Express always turning off on its own if your device has a weak signal connection with your Wi-Fi. A strong internet connection will ensure that you will be able to use your Roku Express to its maximum ability.
You can check how strong your signal is by following these steps:
- Go to the “Settings” tab on your Roku device
- Select the “Network” tab
- Select the “about” tab
- Here, you will finally find the information about the internet connection such as status, connection type, and signal strength
- You can also check the connection strength by selecting the “Check Connection” tab
- If you are experiencing poor connectivity or poor results after your device checks the connection strength, try restarting your Roku Express or your modem
See below to learn the steps to restarting your Roku Express.
Try Restarting Your Roku Express
Another reason your Roku Express is constantly turning off may be because you need to restart the system of your device.
There are a few ways to restart the system of your Roku Express. Let’s go over each method below.
How to Factory Reset Your Roku Device
First, you can do a “factory reset” where your Roku device will completely erase all the data saved on it. It will be like it is a brand-new Roku Express.
To perform this:
- Click on “Settings”
- Click on “System”
- Find the “Advanced System Setting” tab
- Find and choose “Factory Reset”
Now, let’s move on to the other method of resetting Roku.
How to Manually Reset Your Roku Device
Another way to reset your Roku Express is by doing a manual or soft reset.
Follow these steps:
- Press the “Home” button 5 times
- Press the “Up” button once
- Press the “Rewind” button twice
- Press the “Fast Forward” button twice.
Your device will appear as if it is lagging because it will scroll through the menu and then pause for about 30 seconds. After your device does this, it will begin the reboot process. You can also unplug the power source of your Roku Express for about 30 seconds and then plug it back in.
Damaged Power Cable or Wall Adapter
The final reason for your Roku Express problem is that the power cable or wall adapter could be damaged. If your Roku Express is not getting the sufficient power that it needs to perform, it could begin to malfunction.
Double-check to make sure that the cables and wall adapter are working properly. If you notice any of the wires showing on the cables from constant bending, replace them as soon as possible to avoid any problems with your Roku Express.
Experiencing your Roku Express suddenly turn off constantly can be frustrating, especially if you do not know the root cause of it. This gets in the way of your time enjoying your tv and watching your favorite shows and movies.
Outdated software, poor internet connection, rebooting your system, or damaged cables can all lead your Roku Express to suddenly shut down. Understanding these causes can help you remedy them as soon as the problem arises and allows you to enjoy your TV!