Amazon Echo Show 10 is a smart speaker that can make an amazing addition to any smart home. Most people rave about the improved sound quality as well as many other things. With the higher price than the standard Echo speaker, you might be wondering if it’s worth it to buy over some of the other Amazon issues.
If you have some extra money in your wallet during this season, getting the Echo Show 10 could be worth the purchase if you are looking for features including motion controls, a clear screen display, and a very improved Alexa. The Echo Show 10 does have a few problems you should know about before purchasing though.
You might still be wondering exactly what makes the Amazon Echo Show 10 so great. Don’t worry. We will go over all the details in this article. We will also discuss the problems with the Echo Show 10 that you should be aware of.
Should I Buy the Echo Show 10?
The Echo Show 10 has tons of upgrades from the Echo that came out in 2014 and 2017. There are many new features that make the Echo Show 10 better than the older models including:
- 10.1-inch display
- Display rotates to follow you around the room so you can always see the screen
- Upgraded speaker
- Comes in two colors
- Solid and well-built
- Movement and speaker can be synced together
- The device has a brushless motor, so movement is silent
If you are looking for a better speaker or screen display for your home, the Echo Show 10 should be on your list to purchase.
Additional Echo Show 10 Features
The high price also comes with some additional features that the other Echos don’t have. For example:
- You can make video calls when connected to WIFI
- Stream from Netflix and Prime if you have the apps
- Upgraded Alexa allows you to ask about your calendar and the weather reports
Along with the countless upgrades, there are some drawbacks you should be aware of.
Is the New Echo 10 Really Worth It?
For most people, the Echo 10 will be worth it. Consider getting the Echo Show 10 if:
- You want to upgrade from an older Echo Show
- You don’t already have an Amazon Alexa or speaker
- You want an easy-to-use display to help you in your office or kitchen
- You don’t spend the extra money for better sound and a clearer display
As with any technology device, there are some issues to keep in mind when purchasing the Echo Show 10. While the new motion rotation is a great benefit, it does make the design of the Echo a bit odd-looking compared to other models. Make sure you like the new design before buying it and putting it in a visible spot in your house.
Cons of the Echo 10
Some other reasons you might not like the Echo Show 10 include:
- The newer model has more of your information which means more of your data is given to Amazon every time you use the device
- The price is a huge jump from the other models
- The design is not as stylish and modern
If you would like to learn more about the Echo Show, look at this article.
Can You Watch TV on the Echo Show 10?
One of the many reasons people choose to buy the Echo Show 10 is because it has better streaming capabilities. With this Echo 10, you can stream videos, movies, and TV shows. It can essentially work the same as a Smart TV just on a smaller scale and display.
To access the TV show streaming capabilities, just follow these steps:
- Swipe to the left screen and choose Video
- Say, Alexa, open Video Home
- From the Video Home Screen, you can review and choose the streaming devices you want to use
Now, let’s see what streaming services you can use on Echo Show 10.
Available Streaming Services for Echo Show 10
Once you have the Video Home Screen open, you have many different streaming options to choose from including:
- Red Bull TV
- Food Network Kitchen
- Amazon Prime Video
If you want an Amazon device that can stream shows and movies or you don’t have a smart TV, the Echo Show 10 is definitely worth it.
How Much Does the Echo Show 10 Cost?
On Amazon, the price is $249.99. This is a huge jump from other models as the Echo Show 8 is $129.99 and the Echo Show 5 is $84.99. The Echo Show 8 and the 5 models also frequently have promotions and sales, so you may even be able to get them at a cheaper price.
Since the Echo 10 is still new, you will have to shell out the full price for it.
Overall, if you’re looking for a device with a rotating screen, an excellent speaker, and streaming capabilities, the Echo Show 10 is a great investment despite the high price. The display is also crystal clear and gives you the ability to play videos and make video calls.