How To Use YouTube App On A Toshiba Smart TV? Easy Steps
By Trae Jacobs,
When you buy through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Smart TVs are popular in many households. They provide many convenient features for people who want to stream, access cable television, or game. Smart features include voice connectivity, faster refresh speeds, and app configurations. This modern convenience has been widely accepted and is utilized every day.
If you have just bought a new Toshiba Smart TV, you are likely wondering how to use the YouTube app it comes pre-installed with. This article will teach you how to install the YouTube app on your Toshiba Smart TV, the features the app supplies, and troubleshooting tips for when using the app.
Install YouTube on a Toshiba Smart TV
Before using the YouTube app on your Toshiba Smart TV, you need to download it and set it up. The best way to do this includes creating a user account on YouTube. Once you’ve powered on your Toshiba Smart TV, ensure it is connected to WiFi in the network settings menu. After that using your remote:
- Press the home button on your remote control.
- Navigate to the Google Play Store and select it.
- Type ‘YouTube’ in the search bar within the store.
- Select search, and wait for the results to populate.
- Click the YouTube app icon, and press the install button.
YouTube will now be downloaded and installed on your TV.
If you’re having difficulties connecting your Toshiba Smart TV to your WiFi, there are some simple fixes.
Most newer Toshiba smart TVs come with YouTube preinstalled. If you already have YouTube installed on your TV, you can skip this step altogether. This step can also be useful if you delete the app and need to reinstall it.
YouTube is a website that people can access to view and upload videos that they have created. These videos can range from home videos to short animated series and even music videos. The content that is placed on YouTube varies. There is always something available for someone, which is why it is so popular to begin with.
YouTube is a very versatile application. It allows users to create videos, partake in streaming, and view content at the click of a button. There are many amazing features it has that many users don’t even realize exist. Some of the best features are listed for you below.
If you are a fan of a certain video you came across and want to share it with the world, you can turn it into a GIF. GIFs are a popular way to express an emotion, share a meme, or capture a specific moment. GIFs can be sent to most users as they are bite-sized videos instead of large and cumbersome videos.
When you watch YouTube on your TV, it can be hard to hear what is going on. Sometimes, people do not want to watch the video and want to read what happened instead. YouTube offers a transcription function to solve this problem. If you click the transcript, you can read the entire video’s audio recording instead of listening to the playback.
Free Music Library
Many people like to post music on YouTube, but not all of it is free of copyright infringement. YouTube makes it easy by providing users with free music and sound library. So next time you are cleaning or organizing the house, turn your Toshiba Smart TV on, scroll to YouTube and use the sound and music library to motivate yourself as you work.
If you are into gaming, DIY, or other hobbies, you can live to stream your craft on YouTube. Streaming can be done live or recorded and uploaded to view later Users can watch the streams of their favorite influences on their Toshiba Smart TV too!
Upload Video Content
You can also upload your own videos to YouTube. These videos can then be viewed on your Toshiba Smart TV. The platform also allows the upload of VR videos. This is a new technology that many people are utilizing to gain a more comprehensive and immersive video experience.
It can be frustrating when you sit down in front of your Toshiba Smart TV and realize the YouTube app is not functioning properly. It can ruin your plans for the day. Instead of getting frustrated and giving up, follow these tips to try to fix the problem:
- Ensure your Toshiba smart TV is connected to the internet. You can look in the Toshiba network settings to ensure that your TV is properly connected to your WiFi. If it is not connected, set it up, and relaunch the app.
- Restart your TV. Sometimes your TV needs to be turned off and then turned back on after a brief pause. This will refresh the system and get it working again in most cases.
- Uninstall the YouTube app and reinstall it. Sometimes, the app can crash due to faulty software settings or corruption in the data file. If this happens, the app is rendered useless.
- Ensure your TV is up to date. Smart TVs need to be updated regularly to get the latest firmware. This affects a TV’s functionality. Go to your Toshiba’s general settings and check under the updates menu. This will tell you if you need to update your Toshiba before using it.
YouTube on the Big Screen
YouTube is a great application to use to watch your favorite shows, streamers, and music. If you do not want to watch it on your phone screen, you can always bring it onto the big screen of your Toshiba Smart TV. This will allow you comfort while you watch.