Having smart home devices like Chromecast are a great way to stream shows and listen to music. Integrating your Chromecast with your iPhone can make all the features more accessible and allow you to cast from your phone with just a tap of your finger.
Use the Google Home App to control the Chromecast with your iPhone. Click on Google Chromecast in the app and use the control center to use music services, streaming apps, or cast to different rooms.
You may still be wondering exactly how to set up the Chromecast with your iPhone. Below, we will go over the complete setup process and discuss troubleshooting tips and the features you can use with Chromecast through your smartphone.
Can You Use Chromecast to Cast from iPhone to TV?
With just a few steps, you can completely control the Chromecast from your iPhone. Follow these setup tips to get started:
- Plug in the Chromecast to the HMDI port with the other end plugged into the wall.
- Download the Google Home App.
- Sign in to your Google account.
- Turn on Bluetooth.
- Connect to the Wi-Fi using the same network your Chromecast uses.
- Click Devices.
- Click Chromecast.
- Click Control Center.
You should see options to link all the streaming services you want to use from the control center.
It should also give you options to cast to different rooms in the house and play music from various music streaming platforms.
How Can I Cast Using Chromecast and My iPhone?
You can cast any streaming service using Chromecast and your iPhone in a few different ways. To use the streaming app, follow these tips:
- Open the streaming app you want to use (Netflix, Hulu, etc.).
- Click the Chromecast icon, usually in the top left or top right corner.
- Select the Cast Device you want to use.
- Select Cast.
You should now see your show or music streaming on the device that you cast it to. Watch this video to see how to connect your streaming apps to Chromecast.
If you have a Chromecast TV, you can use the Chromecast Streamer app:
- Download the Chromecast Streamer app from the Apple app store.
- Open the app when it’s done downloading.
- Give the app permission to find your device and connect to the Wi-Fi.
- Make sure the iPhone and Chromecast are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Your Chromecast should now appear on the phone screen; click Connect.
This will allow you to cast anything on your phone onto your TV, including any streaming services you use.
Why Won’t My iPhone Connect to Chromecast?
Every so often, technology fails, and you may run into problems. Most of the issues that cause your iPhone and Chromecast to not connect are easily fixable with just a few steps.
The reasons below are the most common problems:
- They aren’t on the same network. Your iPhone and Chromecast need to be on the same Wi-Fi network. Make sure your phone is on Wi-Fi and not cellular data.
- If they are on the same network but not working, check the Wi-Fi router. Make sure your router is on and not flashing.
- Make sure your iPhone supports a 5GHz Wi-Fi connection. The Google Home app can only detect Chromecast if there is a 5 GHz connection.
- The Chromecast is not plugged in. Check that your HDMI port is working. You should see the Chromecast home screen on the TV if it is plugged in correctly.
- Check the Chromecast’s Wi-Fi. The network name and connection should show at the top of the TV screen if it is connected properly.
- Your Chromecast isn’t updated. You can check this using the Google Home app; just open up your Chromecast on the Device Settings page.
- Your Google Home app needs to be updated. Check on the iPhone’s app store and make sure you’re using the latest update. Sometimes there may be a bug, or the app will stop working after a recent update. Apple usually fixes these issues within a few hours.
You can also check this guide for more tips on how to update your Chromecast. If all these tips fail, you may want to contact Google support and see if they can fix the issue.
Using your Chromecast and iPhone together is easy with the Google Home App. It allows you to cast to different TVs, use streaming services, and listen to music. If you experience any issues connecting the two devices, try out any of the troubleshooting tips above to get you back on track.
Own an Android smartphone? Check out this article to learn more about using Chromecast with Android devices.