After purchasing your Chromecast device, finding out about the many popular streaming services that it connects with will have you wanting to watch right away. Setting up and connecting your Chromecast dongle, along with your compatible Android phone, is a convenient way to use the phone as a casting device for all your favorite shows, movies, and music. Today’s Android phones are powerful multimedia tools in the palm of our hands.
Do not be intimidated by the idea of setting up Chromecast on your Android phone. Google Chromecast has made it easy for you to integrate everything, making casting from your phone quick and reliable. Keep reading for complete instructions on how to start watching all your favorite streaming content!
How to Set Up Chromecast on Your Android Phone
Before getting started with your Android phone setup, make sure that you have your Chromecast device plugged into your television. Also, make sure that the Wi-Fi network you choose is the same for both the television and your Android phone. Your connection will not work if you have different networks, as they need to communicate for successful connecting.
- Make sure that you have the Google Home app installed on your phone. Need to download it for the first time? Find it here.
- Under the Add and Manage tab, click on Set Up Device.
- Next, you will be asked which home network you want to use. Choose the network that your television, phone, and Chromecast device are all on to ensure successful connectivity.
- The app will now search for the network and ask you to connect. Have the correct network password ready to complete the connection.
- You will be asked if you would like to set up the Chromecast device found. Choose the highlighted Yes button to complete this action.
- After you have completed the connection, your phone will display a code that is also shown on the television screen. Ensure they are the same and answer the question about where your device is located.
Your connection is now complete! If you would like to watch a comprehensive video that shows all these steps, you can find it here.
Casting Chromecast Content from Your Android Phone
After completing the Chromecast setup on your phone, it is time to start watching. There are a few permissions that you need to have in place to cast to your television.
- You will need to turn off Power Saving Mode on your Android phone. This will ensure that your phone has enough processing power to cast to your television.
- Make sure that your Microphone Permission is turned on. Complete this task by choosing Settings, Apps, Google Play Services, Permissions, Microphone and turn the slider to On.
- Open your Google Play app and adjust the volume by tapping your device and controlling the volume from there.
- Open a Chromecast-enabled app and choose the content you wish to view.
- Locate and tap the Cast button. This can be in various places, depending on the app you are using.
- Choose the device you wish to cast to, then choose it. The cast button will change color, letting you know it is casting. Now you are ready to begin enjoying the show.
Issues Connecting Chromecast to an Android Phone
Sometimes, there are technical issues that can prevent you from connecting your Android phone to Chromecast. Here are a few of the most common issues to help resolve the problem and get you streaming as soon as possible.
- Make sure all Chromecast apps are set to update automatically, so you have the latest versions.
- Complete this troubleshooting checklist to help resolve the connection issue.
- Check to ensure that both your Android device and the Chromecast dongle are within 15 feet of each other, ensuring a continuous and stable connection.
- Attempt a factory reset on your Chromecast device. Consult this guide to determine the best method for the device you own.
These are some of the most common ways that you might experience difficulties with your Chromecast connection. Visit the troubleshooting guide to explore other, more technical approaches that could help restore your connection. Other options include asking the Chromecast community or contacting Chromecast Support.
Chromecast is a great way to group all your favorite streaming services in one convenient place. Using your Android phone to manage your content is the perfect pairing to make this connection complete. With Chromecast and your Android phone, your home entertainment will provide you with many exciting options for you and your family.