How to Share Google Calendar on Android in 8 Steps
Google calendars are a great way to organize your schedule with loved ones or coworkers. The app allows users to share their calendars with trusted friends so that they can work and plan together seamlessly. However, in order to do so, you need to understand how to share a Google calendar.
To share a Google Calendar on an Android, it’s important to note that you cannot share a calendar in the Google Calendar app. You must open a web browser, either on a smartphone, tablet, or computer, navigate to Google Calendars, and share with a specific person or the general public.
In this article, we have the step-by-step directions you need to share a Google calendar on an Android device, as well as a few troubleshooting solutions in case you are having trouble! So keep reading if you want to share a Google calendar right now.
Steps to Share Google Calendar on Android
The primary thing to understand about sharing a Google calendar on an Android is that you absolutely cannot share a calendar from the Google Calendar app.
So, the first step, no matter whether you’re using a smartphone, Android, or computer, is to open your web browser.
Here’s what you need to do next:
- Open the Google Calendar webpage.
- On the left side of the screen, click the My Calendars menu.
- Hover over the down arrow and click More.
- Click Settings & Sharing.
- Under Share With Specific People, click Add People.
- Add the person’s email address.
- Click Send.
That’s all there is to it! An email will be sent to the recipient for them to accept the calendar.
If you have followed these instructions, but the recipient cannot view the calendar, it is because they have not accepted the invitation that was sent to their email. So, let’s find out what the viewer needs to do in order for the calendar to be successfully shared.
I Can’t Find a Shared Google Calendar
If you are the recipient of a shared Google calendar, your job is not done! In order to view the shared calendar from a coworker or friend on your Android, you need to accept it.
If you received an email to join a Google calendar, all you need to do is click to accept it.
However, if the sender did not follow the 8 steps listed above correctly, the email may never arrive.
But don’t worry; in that case, you can actually request to view their Google calendar if they are confused.
Here’s what you need to do:
- On your Android, open the web browser.
- Navigate to Google Calendars.
- On the left side of the screen, click Add.
- Select Subscribe to Calendar.
- Click Add Calendar
- Enter the email of the calendar owner.
- If you were already invited but missed the email, you will automatically be added.
- If it wasn’t successfully shared with you, the owner will receive an email to approve your request.
Now, you have two ways to share or request to share a Google calendar on an Android! So you should be good to go and can now enjoy sharing Google calendars with friends, family, or coworkers.
What Can Others Access When You Share a Google Calendar?
Understanding exactly how to share a Google calendar is important. But, as well as learning how to share a Google calendar, you might also be wondering what others can access when you do.
When you share a Google calendar by following the 8 steps above, you will be able to choose the permission preference for each email you send it to.
- See Only: People you share with can only view when you have free time; they won’t see names or details.
- See Details: Viewers can see details of the calendar unless you mark them as private. They can also subscribe to alerts for changes to the calendar.
- Make Changes: With this option, subscribers can add and edit events on the calendar you shared.
- Full Permission: This option allows others to edit your calendar, share it with others, and delete events.
You now have all the information you need to ensure you set the correct permission when sharing your Google calendar and, of course, how to actually share it!
The Bottom Line
Hopefully, as promised, you now know how to share a Google Calendar on an Android device!
And you even understand how to accept a shared calendar, request to view a calendar, and how to set the permission preferences that work best for you!
Just remember, none of these steps to share a Google Calendar on an Android will work on the Google Calendar app. You need to use a web browser and follow the steps listed above.
After you do so, the calendar will then be accessible through the app.