The Wyze thermostat allows you to control your thermostat remotely. It also lets you set up temperature change schedules and see your home’s temperature controls from your phone. However, you may experience issues with your Wyze thermostat every once in a while, and you may need to reset it to get it working again.
The easiest way to reset your thermostat is to hold the control wheel for 10 seconds. It will automatically shut off and then turn back once it has reset itself. However, this is a factory reset, so you will need to set up all your settings again once this is done.
Below, we’ll go over all the reasons why you may need to reset your Wyze thermostat and the steps to do so. We’ll also cover additional troubleshooting steps you could try for your issue before resorting to a hard reset.
How Do I Reset My Wyze Thermostat?
If you notice that your Wyze thermostat can’t connect or can’t get online, you may need to reset the thermostat. To factory reset the device, follow these steps:
- Find the control button, usually on the side.
- Press and hold the control button for 10 seconds.
- Wait for the thermostat to turn off and then turn back on.
- The device will then go through the reset process and then turn on automatically when complete.
Remember that a factory reset puts your device back into the same condition it was in when you first bought it. It will erase all your settings, including existing Wi-Fi connections and temperature schedules.
Other Troubleshooting Options Before Resetting the Thermostat
A factory reset is usually the last resort for most people because they want to be able to fix the device without resetting all the settings. You might want to try rebooting the Wyze Thermostat first.
Rebooting the Wyze Thermostat
To reboot the Wyze thermostat, try these tips:
- Turn the thermostat off and then back on.
- Disconnect the thermostat from Wi-Fi and then reconnect it.
- Erase a specific setting you are having trouble with rather than erasing all of them through a factory reset.
This might prove more beneficial if you are only having trouble with one setting, such as heating or cooling. If you think you might only be having trouble with the Wi-Fi, you can also try to disconnect it separately and then set it up again.
Refreshing the Wyze App
If your Wyze Thermostat constant appears offline or can’t connect to the Wi-Fi network, there are a few things you can do before factory resetting the device. Try restoring the app first:
- Fully close out of the Wyze app on your phone or smart device.
- Unplug your Wi-Fi router for about 20 seconds and then plug it back in.
- Restart the Wyze app and make sure it’s connected to the Wi-Fi.
If your Wyze thermostat is offline, the problem may be with the Wi-Fi connection and not your thermostat itself. However, resetting the thermostat will also fix any internal problems your device may be experiencing.
Resetting the Wi-Fi
If you have tried to reset your device and it still can’t connect to the Wi-Fi, follow these tips:
- Completely close out of your Wyze app on your smart device.
- Reboot your Wi-Fi network. You can either hold down the reset button or unplug it and then plug it back in again after about 20 seconds.
- Allow the router to completely reboot and show the green or white symbols again to show it’s up and running correctly.
- Open the Wyze app again on your smart device.
- Try to adjust the thermostat or another setting and see if it works.
If you have tried all these tips and are still experiencing some issues, you might need to check some things to ensure everything is working:
- Make sure your Wi-Fi router is on and not flashing red or blinking.
- Check that your Wyze app is updated. You can usually do this through the app’s setting pages or in the app store on your phone.
- Check your settings in the app and make sure the thermostat is updated.
Checking Wyze’s Current Firmware
Sometimes the Wyze thermostat will not work if it hasn’t updated to the latest firmware. You can either change the settings for the thermostat to update automatically or do it manually in the app’s settings. Either way, make sure it’s constantly updated, or it may randomly stop working.
Resetting the Wyze thermostat will erase all your device’s settings, but it usually fixes all the connectivity issues or other problems you may be experiencing. The easiest way to reset your device is to hold down the control wheel button for 20 seconds. Then, wait for it to restart and reconnect to the Wi-Fi.