When you buy through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The Honeywell T9 Thermostat is a great way to change your temperature remotely or from another room in your home. The room sensors can also give you an ideal temperature for separate rooms. However, if your thermostat is not working or appears to be offline, you may be wondering how to reset it.
Below, we’ll cover all the steps required to reset your Honeywell T9 Thermostat. We’ll also discuss why or when a factory reset may be necessary.
How to Hard Reset Honeywell T9 Thermostat
Resetting your Honeywell T9 Thermostat has many advantages and is usually a quick fix to a problem. Here are some common reasons why you may want to reset your thermostat:
- The thermostat also appears offline and can’t connect to Wi-Fi.
- The thermostat won’t switch from different heating and cooling modes.
- The thermostat won’t change degrees.
- The thermostat randomly turns on or off by itself.
Sometimes a hard factory reset on your thermostat is necessary to fix issues you might be having with your device. The easiest way to reset the thermostat is on the device itself:
- Press and hold the Menu button on the thermostat screen for 5 seconds.
- Scroll down until you see Reset.
- Select Reset.
- Select Factory.
- It will ask, “Are you sure?”
- Select Yes.
This will erase all the settings you have on your thermostat, including room names and Wi-Fi settings. You will need to complete the setup process again through the Honeywell Home App, just like when you first bought the thermostat.
If you need help, watch this amazing video. It will guide you through the setup process from the beginning and ensure all your settings are restored.
How to Reset the Honeywell T9 Thermostat Wi-Fi
If you are having trouble with the Wi-Fi connection, you might want to reset the Wi-Fi on your thermostat before doing a complete factory reset. To perform a Wi-Fi reset on your device, try the following steps:
- Press the Menu button on the screen and hold it.
- Scroll to the left until you see Reset.
- Select Reset.
- Scroll until you see Wi-Fi.
- Select Wi-Fi.
You can also use your phone or tablet and reset the Wi-Fi from your Honeywell Home App. If you use the app, you will need to be near the thermostat because the app will ask you to enter the 4-digit code displayed on the screen.
Follow these steps to use the app to reconnect the Wi-Fi:
- Go into your phone’s Settings and turn your device on Airplane Mode.
- Launch the Honeywell App.
- Select Thermostat.
- Click on the Settings wheel.
- Tap Reset Wi-Fi.
- Follow the in-app prompts.
- Press and hold the screen on the thermostat.
- Press Next.
- The thermostat will display a Lyric Network name.
- Type in the 4-digit code on your thermostat screen into the app.
- Press Done.
- Choose your Wi-Fi network and touch Next.
- The Wi-Fi will reset and reconnect. Allow about 3-4 minutes for the process to be complete.
How to Reset the Honeywell T9 Thermostat Schedule
The Honeywell T9 thermostat can also be set up to run on a schedule. If you want to reset the schedule or your programmed schedule isn’t working, follow these steps:
- Press the Menu icon on the screen and hold it down.
- Scroll until you see Reset.
- Tap Reset.
- Scroll until you see Schedule.
- Select Schedule.
You can now use the thermostat or the Honeywell Home app to set your schedule again.
How to Reset Honeywell T9 Thermostat Sensors
If you need help resetting one of the T9 sensors, you can follow these steps:
- Press and hold the connect button.
- After about 15 seconds, an orange light should appear.
- Re-add the sensor to the thermostat using the app or sensor settings screen.
If there is one specific thing not working on the Honeywell T9 Thermostat, it is recommended that you try to reset that feature on its own before the factory reset. This is because factory resetting the thermostat will cause you to lose all your settings and start over from the beginning.
If it comes down to it, performing a factory reset on the Honeywell T9 Thermostat can be done in a few simple steps. Press and hold the Menu button, select Reset, and then select Yes. Your thermostat will now be ready to be reconfigured.
If your problem is not fixed by resetting the thermostat, consider contacting the Honeywell Support team.