How To Reset Google Nest Mini 2 (Second Generation)?
Are you looking to reset your Google Nest Mini 2? Maybe you’re having some issues with it, or you just want to start from scratch. Like most people, you’re probably wondering how to reset Google Nest Mini 2. Don’t worry. We’re here to help. We’ll explore how to reset your Google Nest Mini 2 in just a few easy steps.
In this blog post, we’ll tell you everything about how to reset your Google Nest Mini 2. We’ll also share some insightful troubleshooting tips if you run into any issues along the way. So, without further ado, let’s get started!
How to Soft Reset Second Generation Google Nest Mini 2?
Let’s consider why you need to reset your Google Nest Mini 2. Maybe you’re having problems with it, and you want to start from scratch. Or perhaps you just bought it and want to set it up for the first time. Either way, resetting your Google Nest Mini 2 can be a helpful troubleshooting step. Continue with the following steps to soft reset your second-generation Google Nest Mini.
- Turn off your microphone using the switch that you can see right beside the power cord. The lights will turn orange.
- Remove the cords from the device.
- Wait for thirty seconds.
- Put the cords back in.
- Turn on your Google Nest Mini 2.
You can now use your Google Nest Mini 2 with the last best settings. If all your settings were reset to their defaults, you’d need to set them up again. But that’s actually a good thing because it gives you a chance to start fresh.
While you’re unplugging your cords, you might notice some damage to them, which will affect how the Google Nest Mini 2 functions. You can always replace the cord to prevent this from happening. If you’re still having problems, you may need a complete factory reset.
If you have a first-generation Google Nest Mini, the reset process is slightly different,
How to Factory Reset Your Google Nest Mini 2
Before starting, you should know that:
- You cannot set up or use your speaker while resetting. It is completely disconnected from the network.
- You can’t factory reset your speaker if white light is flashing on the speaker’s top. Wait and let the battery charge.
- Factory resetting will clear all of the information stored on the device, and you’ll need to complete the setup again.
- You can’t use the Google Home app while performing a factory reset.
Continue reading for the instructions on how to factory reset your Google Nest Mini 2. Before starting the process, if you have your device mounted, you should dismount it so it’s easier to complete the reset.
Turn off Your Microphone
As with completing a soft reset, you’ll have to turn off your microphone to complete a factory reset. To do this, just switch it off on the side. You will see the top lights turn orange. If you want to test to make sure it’s off, give it a quick “Hey Google…” to see if it’s listening.
Press the Touch Panel for Seven Seconds
Press the touch panel at the top for at least seven seconds. It will be the first step to resetting the device and returning it to its factory settings. This action starts the factory reset process.
Continue Holding the Touch Panel for Twelve Seconds More
Once you’ve held the touch panel for seven seconds from the top, please continue to hold it for another twelve seconds. It will reset the device and return it to its factory settings. You may need to do this if you’re experiencing any issues with your Nest Mini 2 or want to start fresh.
Listen to the Voice and Follow its Instructions
Once you’re done holding the tough panel, you’ll hear a sound and a voice. It will start with “Welcome to Google” and instruct you on how to set up your device again. Once you are here, you can use the Google Home app again.
How to Check if Your Google Nest Mini 2 is Reset?
Once you’ve reset your Google Nest Mini 2 device, you can check if the reset is complete by looking at the following things on your device:
- If the LED ring is pulsing white and the Hey Google voice prompt is active, it’s the first boot-up for the device.
- If it’s pulsing white, but the Hey Google voice prompt is not active, then the device is being reset, and you can check the progress by saying, “Hey Google, how’s my day?”
- If you see a solid white and the Hey Google voice prompt is active, the device is reset, and you can start using it.
- If the LED ring is off and the Hey Google voice prompt is not active, then the device is not powered on.
We hope this article was helpful. Factory resetting your Google Nest Mini 2 can be a useful troubleshooting step if your device is acting up, you are planning to sell it, or you want to erase all your data first. You can easily reset your Google Nest Mini 2 from its touch panel by following the instructions above.