It is easy to conclude that you will need to replace the entire ADT key fob when it no longer works, but that is not always the case. There are circumstances when the fob itself may have an issue that results in it needing to be replaced, but if it is just a matter of a depleted battery, it is worth the time to look into replacing it rather than buying a pricey new fob.
Finding information about replacing the ADT key fob battery can be challenging, as the company has no official guide showing you how to do so. With that said, keep reading to learn more about how to save money and time by replacing the battery in your ADT key fob yourself.
Replacing the Battery in an ADT Key Fob
To replace the battery in your ADT key fob, you will need just a few items to complete the task. Once you have everything ready, the process should take no more than a few moments to complete.
- To ensure that your alarm system does not trigger by accident, you will need to log into your ADT account and place the system into test mode. This helpful video shows the process. The test mode is active for one hour, providing ample time to complete the battery replacement.
- Once the screwdrivers and replacement batteries are assembled, use the flathead screwdriver to open the key fob. This can be done by inserting the end of the screwdriver into the small indentation on the side and gently popping the key fob open.
- After it is open, locate the small screw in the middle of the circuit board, and use a Phillips-head screwdriver to remove the screw. Then, gently take off the circuit board and put it aside.
- The official ADT manual recommends using Panasonic replacement batteries due to there being a risk of fire.
- Once the batteries are replaced, place the circuit board back on top and the screw back. Close the cover to the key fob, ensuring it has clicked back into place.
- Return to your ADT account and take the system out of test mode. If you would like to test the key fob to ensure the battery replacement was successful, you can do so once the system is out of test mode.
The ADT help page does not include information on how to replace the key fob battery, so be sure to log in to your account to find the user manual if you need further information. Since there are many different model numbers, the recommendation for your particular key fob could differ.
Troubleshooting Battery Replacement for an ADT Key Fob
If after replacing the battery in your ADT key fob and the device is not working, checking that you completed the replacement properly is key to ensuring that the battery is not the issue.
- If the key fob is not responding after the battery replacement, you can attempt a few things before considering key fob replacement.
- First, reopen the key fob and ensure that the batteries are correctly inserted and that the circuit board is securing screwed into the key fob.
- Double-check the batteries that you inserted by ensuring they have not expired. If you are unsure, purchasing and inserting two new batteries might solve the problem.
- Check the circuit board and key fob for any imperfections or damage.
When you have checked all the above issues, and the key fob is still not responding, it may not be the battery. Contacting ADT at this time might be the next best option. They can assist you by going over the battery replacement or ordering a new key fob if the battery is not the issue. Getting in touch with ADT is easy when you visit their help page. They have an extensive library of topics, and you can contact them by visiting this page for more information.
ADT offers the convenience of a key fob to help you navigate your alarm system with ease. Instead of purchasing a new key fob, replacing the battery is an economical and easy process to help you stay safe and manage your ADT system on the go.
Replacing the battery in an ADT key fob can be completed by opening the key fob with a small, flathead screwdriver, removing the screw in the middle, and then replacing the batteries underneath the circuit board.