How to Quickly Change Wi-Fi on August Lock
When using a wireless lock system, such as August Lock, knowing how to quickly change the Wi-FI on the system is an important part of being able to use it effectively.
The Wi-Fi network on the August Lock can be changed through the August app system. The network is changed by selecting a new network in the Lock Settings.
Read on for a step-by-step breakdown on how to quickly change the Wi-Fi network on your August Lock system.
How to Change Wifi Connections on August Lock
Changing the Wi-Fi network on your August Lock system first requires that you have the August App downloaded onto your smartphone or tablet.
This app setup allows you to wirelessly toggle the settings on the August Lock system. If you don’t have the app downloaded, this is the first step in adjusting your Wi-Fi connection.
Next, you’ll need to access the August Lock Settings. Note: You’ll also need an active wireless Internet connection to change the Wi-Fi network.
Go into the Lock Settings
The Lock Settings submenu on the August App is the part of the user interface where you can adjust the auto-lock, calibrate your August Lock, and change the Wi-Fi connection.
- Enter the August app. If you don’t have the August app downloaded on your smartphone or tablet, do so before attempting to change the lock settings.
- Navigate to the Lock Settings submenu. To find the Lock Settings, look for an icon on the August app that looks like a gear (the standard icon for settings submenus).
- Select the Lock Settings submenu. Once you’ve located the submenu, click on the gear icon to enter the submenu.
After you find and enter the Lock Settings submenu on the August app system, the next step is to find an active Wi-Fi network and connect to it.
Find a Wi-Fi Network in the Lock Settings
Once you’re in the Lock Settings on the August app, the next step in changing the Wi-Fi network is to find the Wi-Fi network you want to change it to. To find your network, perform the following:
- In the Lock Settings submenu, scroll to the link for Utilities and click on it.
- From Utilities, select the option Connect to the Wi-Fi Network.
- At this point, follow any on-screen prompts to connect to the Wi-Fi network you want to swap your August Lock to.
If you don’t see the Wi-Fi connection you want to change to in the list of available networks, you may need to reset your router.
Another option is to disconnect your smartphone or tablet from the router and reconnect to get the new Wi-Fi network to pop up.
Set up the Wi-Fi Connection
Once you’re in the Wi-Fi Network submenu, the final step in changing the Wi-Fi network on your August Lock is setting up and activating the Wi-Fi connection. To do so, follow these steps:
- Confirm that your smart device is connected to the same network you want to connect the August Lock to.
- From the Connect to the Wi-Fi Network submenu, select Begin Wi-Fi Setup. Follow any additional onscreen prompts that crop up.
- Once the Wi-Fi network has connected, test the Wi-Fi connection after setup is complete.
Using the Lock Settings on your August app allows you to easily switch back and forth between Wi-Fi networks if you have multiple networks in your home.
Troubleshooting Wifi Problems with August Lock
If you run into problems connecting a new Wi-Fi network to your August Lock, there are a few ways to troubleshoot the problem.
Here are some potential issues that may impact your ability to change Wi-Fi on an August Lock:
- The Wi-Fi signal is too weak. If the router is located too far from the August Lock system, it may not be able to connect through the app system.
The August Lock batteries are dead. If the battery power on your August Lock is depleted, it will not be able to complete a connection.
- The Wi-Fi signal is inactive. If your Internet service goes down due to maintenance or an outage, this will prevent the Wi-Fi network from showing up on a network scan.
- The smart device is not connected to the right network. If your smartphone or tablet is connected to a different network, it won’t be able to sync the August Lock system.
Try addressing some of these potential causes for the Wi-Fi disconnect before contacting August technical support services.
If you need additional help making a new Wi-Fi connection with your August Lock, contact their technical support line at 844-284-8781.
August Lock Wireless Tech Makes Changing Wi-Fi Networks Easy
One of the biggest advantages of using the August Lock is that you can easily adjust the lock’s settings using a Wi-Fi network.
Thanks to wireless technology, changing from one wireless network to another on your August app is as casual as the press of a button.