One of the best and convenient ways to update your smart home’s security is by adding an indoor, or outdoor smart home camera. It is amazing how mounting a Google Nest Smart Camera can guarantee security while managing activities. They may help you keep account of your living space.
Knowing how to mount your Nest Cam on the wall can be extremely challenging. You want a location where you can put the camera undetected with a wide-angle view of the area. That is why we are here. In this article, we are going to look at how to mount your Nest Cam in different ways, and also how you can attach your camera to the wall without using any screws.
How Do You Hang A Nest On The Wall?
There are several ways users can be able to mount their cameras, and generally, most Nest Cams can just be set to place by placing it on a magnetic surface so the magnetic base of the camera can just attach itself to the surface. But you most likely want to attach the Nest to your wall, and that is the reason you’re here.
To Hang your Nest on the wall, you need to first install a magnetic plate that comes with your Nest Cam’s package on the wall. Then you can attach your Nest Cam to that plate so it can firmly hold it. From there on, you can then rotate your device to get the best angle you want.
I think that this is a very good, and efficient way Google thought about mounting security cameras. You can decide to detach the Nest Cam anytime you want, and also reattach any other model of Nest Cam with the same base.
Steps On How You Can Install Your Nest Cam On the Wall Using Mounting Plates
Here’s the steps you can take to install your Nest cam on the wall using mounting plates:
- Start by making sure your location is close enough to a power source, or the cable can get to the place you want to mount it. Try holding it over the location you want to install the camera with the power cable plugged in to ensure there is a little allowance.
- Check the Wi-Fi status on your Nest Cam by viewing the live stream using your Nest App. If the Wi-Fi is not strong enough, consider taking it to another location where the network is stronger.
- Install the mounting plate by holding it against the spot you want then screw it in using the available screws. Ensure that the cable clip is in the direction of where your cables will run through.
- The screws are “self-tapping” so you don’t need to drill a hole when installing it on wood, drywall, or plaster. If it’s on concrete, then you need to drill a hole in the wall. Also if you are drilling the wall, use the slots on the mounting plate as a guide.
- If you drilled holes to set up your mounting plate, use a screwdriver to tighten the screws to ensure that it is firmly in place.
- You can now stick the base of your Nest Cam to the mounting plate you just installed.
- Cross-check your Nest Cam angle of view again using the Nest Cam App, and adjust if necessary.
You can also adjust the view of your cam in the Nest App in case you installed it upside down. Also, ensure you change the location on your app if you want to move it to a bee location.
How Do You Mount a Nest Camera Without Screws?
If you don’t like screws on your wall, you may be wondering if it is possible to set up your Nest Camera without using screws. Well, it may be tricky and may require a lot of workmanship.
Fortunately, there are about three ways you can mount a Nest Camera without using screws. These are:
- Placing the Nest Cam on a high shelf which you can get a clear view of the space.
- Make use of a thin metal bar that doesn’t require drilling but would leave a small hole.
- Mount the Nest Cam with a suction cup, or removable adhesive strip which can be taken off without damaging the wall.
With these three steps, the smart homeowner can get their camera at the desired angle without applying screws on the wall. If you would like to learn more about Nest cams, take a look at this article.
How Do You Attach a Nest Cam To a Window?
Most of the time, customers may have the urge to install their Nest Cam to the window outside in case they want to watch their yard. They also do this to avoid rain from touching the device because it might not be the waterproof version. So how do you attach a Nest Cam to the Window?
This can be done in two ways. They are:
- Attaching the magnetic base to the metal frame of the window.
- Buying a suction base and using it on the glass.
Note: Avoid putting the Nest Cam to look THROUGH the window. This may be okay for daytime activities but at night, flares can come up because for night vision to work out, the Nest Cam uses infrared vision, and the window will not allow this to pass through.
The steps listed above are various ways in which you can mount your Nest Cam on the wall. You can pick any type which may require you to use tools or not, and may also need you to buy attachments to get a firm on the surface you want to fix your camera on. Either way, you are convinced that your home is safe.
Our rule of thumb? You should mount your Nest Cam how Google suggests. But if for some reason you can, you might explore other ways to fix your smart camera in your home.