It’s something we all dread — you pull your iPhone from your pocket to see that it is locked because you entered the wrong password too many times. How can you bypass the “iPhone Unavailable” screen?
Below, we’ll discuss exactly how you can bypass the “iPhone unavailable” screen and get back into your phone. Keep reading to learn more!
Be Patient and Wait for Time to Pass
They say that patience is a virtue, and that is a true statement in this situation.
If you have entered the wrong code and the screen is not permanently unavailable, the easiest thing to do is wait.
This method will only work if your iPhone is temporarily locked. After ten incorrect code entries, the iPhone will become permanently unavailable.
If you have to wait it out, it can take between one and sixty minutes for your iPhone to be ready for another password attempt.
The length of time you must wait before trying to enter your code again depends on how many incorrect attempts have been made:
- Five incorrect attempts will lock an iPhone for 1 minute.
- Six incorrect attempts will lock an iPhone for 5 minutes.
- Seven incorrect attempts will lock an iPhone for 15 minutes.
- 8 – 9 incorrect attempts will lock an iPhone for 60 minutes.
The 10th incorrect attempt to unlock an iPhone will cause the “permanently unavailable” screen, with no timer or chance of entering the code again.
If this happens, follow one of the next steps to recover your phone.
Use a Computer Program to Bypass the Lock Screen
Aside from excitable children, the most common reason an iPhone becomes locked is that the user has forgotten the code.
If you entered the wrong password too many times and your phone is permanently unavailable, try downloading an unlocking application on your computer.
Three popular apps for unlocking or resetting an iPhone include Tenorshare 4uKey, TunesKit, and Apeaksoft iOS Unlocker.
Once you have downloaded the program of your choice, follow the steps below.
- Plug your phone into the computer or laptop with the USB cable.
- Open the unlocking program.
- Follow the steps on-screen to restore your iPhone to working condition.
Once you have completed the steps in the program, your phone will be ready to use again.
Setup Your iPhone from Scratch
Resetting your iPhone is not always ideal because you risk losing your photos, data, and other important information if you have not backed up your iPhone.
- Locate and tap the “Erase iPhone” button at the bottom of the screen.
- When prompted, enter the password for the Apple account associated with your iPhone.
- Confirm that you want to erase your iPhone.
- Wait for the phone to complete its reset.
Your iPhone will then restart and be restored to its original factory settings. Now, you will have to follow the step-by-step process of setting the phone up again.
But, if your data is backed up properly, you can enter your Apple ID and password to restore the phone to its previous state.
How to Avoid the iPhone Unavailable Screen
As you probably know, having an iPhone that is locked or unavailable is seriously inconvenient.
To avoid this from happening in the future, keep the tips below in mind:
- Write your login credentials down somewhere safe in the event you forget your password.
- Store your phone somewhere where it won’t get accidentally touched.
- Keep your phone away from children and others who may enter the wrong code.
Paying closer attention to your phone and keeping up with your current login credentials will prevent your iPhone from becoming locked or permanently unavailable.
Additionally, be sure that your iPhone is set to automatically back up all the information you need in the event you are faced with the dreaded “iPhone unavailable” screen.
It is possible to regain access to your iPhone after it displays the “iPhone unavailable” screen, but it can be tricky at times.
Always store your password somewhere safe, don’t let the kiddos get their hands on your phone, and keep it in a place where accidental touches won’t lock the screen.