How to Factory Reset the ULTRALOQ Smart Lock?
Unlocking our home is just another thing we just have to do every day. You have to first find your keys and then you have to turn the key over into the lock. A lot of times, your key gets stuck or the bolt gets jammed.
If we could just get away with not having to unlock our home every day, that would be great, right? A solution many of us choose is a smart lock. With the smart lock, we can simply put a pin in or our fingerprint to access our home. If you’re having issues with your ULTRALOQ Smart Lock, you may need to factory reset it. We’ve created a list for you on how to do just that.
How do I Unlock the ULTRALOQ Smart Lock?
First off, you may need to try to unlock your smart lock. Here are some ways to do so:
To unlock the ULTRALOQ Smart Lock, you will need to:
- Use a backup key to unlock your smart lock.
- Connect a powerbank to get the lock to activate, but this would only work with the following models: Ultraloq U-Bolt Pro, U-Bolt Pro WiFi, U-Bolt Pro Z-Wave, Lever, and UL300.
You may be able to unlock your smart lock now, but you may still need to factory reset it. Read on to learn more about unlocking your ULTRALOQ Smart Lock.
How do I Factory Reset the ULTRALOQ Smart Lock?
There can be a number of reasons why you may need to perform a factory reset on your ULTRALOQ Smart Lock. Before we go into details on why, let’s figure out first how to factory reset the ULTRALOQ Smart Lock.
You can unlock your ULTRALOQ Smart Lock by:
- U-tec App
- Reset Button
These methods are essentially the only way to unlock your ULTRALOQ Smart Lock. If neither of these work for you, you may need to contact customer support.
Using the U-tec App
To reset your ULTRALOQ Smart Lock with the U-tec App:
- Install and run the U-tec App on your mobile device.
- Select your lock in the app.
- Click the settings menu.
- Scroll to the advanced option and select it.
- Click the delete and reset option.
- Go back to your device list and check to see if the lock is removed.
Here is a YouTube video detailing how to reset your ULTRALOQ Smart Lock with the U-tec App. You might find it useful.
Let’s look at how to reset your Smart Lock manually. You can do this by using the reset needle.
- Locate your reset button.
- U-Bolt series: you’ll find the reset button at the bottom of the device externally.
- UL3 series: your reset button will be above the battery box once the cover is removed.
- Lever series: the reset button is at the bottom of the box once the cover is removed.
- UL1/Combo series: the reset button is on the side of the device.
- UL300 series: the reset button is on the upper right once the battery cover is removed.
To reset your UTRALOQ Smart Lock manually, press the reset needle (or a paperclip) into your reset button. The device will factory reset itself.
Why Would I Need to Reset the ULTRALOQ Smart Lock?
You may need to reset the ULTRALOQ Smart Lock because it is not working. Here are some reasons as to why you may need to reset your smart lock:
- It’s non-responsive
- Your code is not working
- It turns on and off
A factory reset erases all of the data you’ve put into your lock. It will be as if you just opened it from the box again, software-wise.
Even if you are unsure if you should factory reset your lock, it will not cause irreversible damage. Meaning, you can save your fingerprints and pins back just as you had them before.
A factory reset will not damage your device.
Is There Any Way Around a Factory Reset?
Perhaps a factory reset seems drastic, or you just don’t think it will fix your problem. You may be able to restart your ULTRALOQ Smart Lock.
You can attempt to turn your lock on and off through the U-Tec app, or you can manually do so if your lock has a power button. Otherwise, you can remove the batteries. This would force your lock to shut down. Wait a few moments, and replace the batteries. This is a way to do a hard reset of your device if a soft reset is not possible.
It’s important that you reset your ULTRALOQ Smart Lock if there are any issues with it that you foresee hindering your ability to use the lock. For instance, if your lock is non-responsive. This may warrant a factory reset. Otherwise, you can attempt a soft and then hard reset.