How to Easily Install Stan on Your Sharp TV
Stan is the streaming service of choice for many Australian customers. With a vast selection of movies and TV shows available, many people wonder: how do you install Stan on a Sharp TV?
While Stan is currently not available on the Sharp TV app store, there are a few ways to install and use Stan on your Sharp TV. You can use a compatible HDMI streaming device, a PlayStation or Xbox console, or Apple AirPlay to install Stan and watch content on your television.
Below, we’ll discuss the different ways to install Stan on your Sharp TV. Keep reading to learn more!
Stan is the latest and greatest in streaming services. It’s quickly becoming a must have for easy, ad-free streaming for it’s simplicity and affordability.
Stan is an Australian streaming service with a tagline that claims it’s “The Biggest Deal in Entertainment.” Stan’s expansive selection features some of the most popular TV shows and movies, available in HD or 4K quality.
There are three different membership tiers for Stan:
Here’s what each membership level offers.
|Membership Information||Stan Basic||Stan Standard||Stan Premium|
|Number of screens you can watch on at once||1||3||4|
|Picture quality available||Standard||Standard, HD||Standard, HD, 4K|
Stan is an ad-free streaming service, meaning you can watch all your favorite shows without any interruptions. There are a multitude of ways to stream movies and TV shows through Stan, including:
- Apple TV
- Smart TV
- Telstra TV
- Phone or tablet
Some Sharp smart TVs come pre-installed with Roku TV technology. Unfortunately, Stan is not currently available for download on the Roku Store.
Up next we’ll discuss a few options for installing Stan on your Sharp TV, even if you’re working with a Roku TV model. These include:
- Using a compatible HDMI device
- Connecting a PlayStation or Xbox
- Mirroring your computer, phone, or tablet screen
Let’s discuss how you can install Stan through all of the above options.
If you have an HDMI port on your Sharp TV, you can connect and use any of the following streaming devices to download and install Stan:
- Apple TV
- Fetch TV
- Google Chromecast
Just connect your device to your television’s HDMI port, then choose the HDMI input. Follow the steps listed below for the streaming device you’ll be using.
Stan comes pre-installed on Apple TV Gen 2 and 3. If you have an Apple TV Gen 4 or 4K, you’ll need to download the app from the App Store first.
- Open the App Store from your Apple TV’s home screen.
- You might be able to find the Stan app under the “Now Streaming” section of the App Store. If you don’t see it here, navigate to the search bar and type in “Stan.”
- Select the app on your screen, then press “Get” to download and install Stan.
If you have a Fetch TV Generation 2 or higher, you can connect it to your TV to stream video through Stan. Here’s how to set it up.
- Press the Menu button on your Fetch remote control.
- Scroll to Apps, then choose Stan.
- Log in, and choose the title you want to watch.
To use Google Chromecast to watch movies and shows on Stan, you’ll need a secondary device that’s compatible with both Chromecast and Stan. This could be:
- A Mac or PC
- An iPhone or iPad
- An Android phone or tablet
Follow the initial steps to set up Chromecast on the device you’ll be using, then follow the steps below to start casting.
- Open the Stan app, or navigate to the website on your browser.
- For computers or Apple devices, select the title you’d like to play. Once the video starts playing, press the Cast icon in the top right corner to mirror the video to your TV screen.
- For Android devices, press the floating Cast icon on the screen, then select the TV you’d like to cast to. Select the title you’d like to see, and it should start playing on your screen.
If you have an active Australian account for either your PlayStation or Xbox, you can download the Stan app from the console’s app store. Just connect it to your TV, and use your controller to download and install the app. Then, open the app to log in and start streaming different movies or TV shows!
If your Sharp TV uses Roku TV technology and is compatible with Apple AirPlay, you can Airplay your Apple computer, iPhone, or iPad to your TV. Here’s how to do it.
- Make sure both your smart TV and whatever device you’ll be mirroring from are connected to the same wifi network.
- Open the Stan app or navigate to the website using your web browser.
- If you’re using a Mac computer, open System Preferences and choose Displays. At the bottom of the screen, select your TV from the dropdown menu to start mirroring your computer screen to your TV.
- If you’re using an iPhone or iPad, navigate to the control center and choose the mirroring icon. Then, select your TV from the list of available devices.
While Stan is not yet available for download on the Sharp TV store, there are still a few ways to install it. Use whichever method works best for your current setup, whether that’s through an HDMI streaming device, gaming console, or screen mirroring.