How to Easily Install HBO Max on Your Insignia TV
The Insignia brand from Best Buy has garnered a lot of attention since its arrival because of its low prices and strong feature set. Insignia smart televisions provide a smart user interface and internet connectivity along with access to most streaming services. One of which is HBO Max which provides access to all of the excellent programming HBO provides.
The good news is, no matter which operating system your Insignia television shipped with, HBO Max is quick and easy to install. Insignia either ships their televisions with the Amazon Fire TV or the system from Roku. Either way, it is quick and easy.
Ready to install HBO Max on your Insignia TV? You’ve come to the right place! Keep reading for everything you need to know!
Easily Install HBO Max on Your Insignia TV
Installation is so quick and easy, you’d be silly not to install HBO Max on your Insignia TV! There are a few different ways to go about doing so.
The easiest way to install HBO Max on your Insignia TV is to use the preinstalled Roku or Fire TV to take you through the process. We’ll share more on each of these options in the upcoming sections.
Install HBO Max With a Roku Insignia Television
In their most recent batch of smart televisions, Insignia has transitioned completely into Fire TVs, which are provided by Amazon. With that said, the company sold a large amount of Roku televisions over the years, so this information should provide useful information for a large number of people.
- First, turn on the Roku TV and ensure it is connected to the internet.
- Hit the home button on the remote and go into the search feature.
- A keyboard should pop up where you can type in HBO Max.
- Select the Add Channel option to begin the installation of the app and then hit OK when you have the option to.
- Now, hit Go to Channel which should open up the HBO Max app.
- You should now receive an activation code.
- Then, you go to the HBO Max Activation site here and type in the code the TV provided.
- You now get the option to hit Next to activate the TV app, where you can type in your HBO Max username and password.
- Watch away! It should work very well from here.
Install HBO Max on Insignia TV with Fire TV
As was stated earlier, all televisions that Insignia currently produces ships with Fire TV as the operating system. This move was probably made to keep the confusion down for people that happen to have more than one television in their home. Also, the Alexa app has proved invaluable for people while further integrating the television into their smart homes.
- To begin, turn on the television and make sure it is connected to the internet. (The faster, the better!)
- Now, select the Search option.
- Type in or use the microphone to search for HBO Max.
- There will be a download icon and the word Get. Click it.
- Once it downloads, click Open to get the app going.
- Once again, an activation code will appear that will be needed to type into the HBO Max Activation site here.
- Type in the activation code and hit Next on the screen.
- You will now be able to log into your HBO Max account by typing the registered email address and password you normally use.
Install HBO Max with Google Chromecast
If you are more of a Google person, you can always use a Google Chromecast with or without Android TV. Keep in mind that this forgoes the use of Roku or Fire TV completely. Also, you will need to buy more hardware if you do not already have it. It is still quite easy, but it will requires set up differently.
- Get the Chromecast up and running. This guide makes it extremely easy.
- Ensure the Insignia and your phone are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open up HBO Max and start watching.
- There should be a Cast icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap it and try to find the Insignia TV you wish to watch it on.
Is HBO Max Really Worth It?
HBO Max is a definitely worth the price and the effort of installing it on your TV. The world of streaming entertainment options, there are not many options that provide the depth and variety of options that HBO Max does. For as little as $10 a month, you get access to all of the fantastic shows HBO creates, along with a ton of others. Little known fact, HBO Max is currently the only way to stream Sesame Street.
HBO Max can be streamed easily via all of the largest smart operating systems, including Fire TV and Roku. It also can provide a downloading service with the more expensive plan that costs $15 a month. One other great perk is being the first streaming service to get a lot of theater-only movies at home. Picture that on your home Insignia TV!
In short, Insignia televisions from Best Buy are great values based on their feature sets and streaming options. Again, HBO Max is one of the most feature-packed streaming services available and still provides a great value to its subscribers. Regardless of which operating system your Insignia TV has, you will be able to get HBO Max quickly and easily for a great experience.