How to Easily Install Foxtel on Your TCL TV
A Foxtel subscription offers both on-demand content and content from live TV channels, making it a great alternative to a traditional cable or satellite TV subscription. If you have a TCL TV, you may be wondering how you can install this app to watch all your favorite shows and movies.
You can install Foxtel to your TCL TV via download from the Google Play Store. If you have a Google or Android TV-powered TCL TV, you might find the app on the app store. If not, you could try using Apple AirPlay or invest in a Foxtel Now box.
Below, we’ll discuss how to install Foxtel on your TCL TV. Keep reading to learn more!
Currently, Foxtel is available on the Google Play Store. If you own a TCL smart TV that uses either Google TV or Android TV technology, you may be able to download the app right from your television. However, it’s currently unavailable on the Roku store, so you’ll have to take other measures if your TCL TV uses Roku technology.
Even though the Foxtel app is available on the Google Play Store, it’s not available on all models. Before you sign up for a Foxtel subscription, check if the app is available on your device.
Open your app store and search for “Foxtel.” If the app shows up in your search results, it’s likely compatible with your specific model. If not, you’ll have to use other measures to watch and stream content through Foxtel.
Follow the steps listed below to download Foxtel on your TCL TV.
- Open your TV’s app store and search for “Foxtel.”
- Click the Foxtel app when you see it in your search results, then proceed to the download or app information page.
- Press “Install” to download and install Foxtel to your television’s home screen.
- Once the download finishes, return to your homepage to open the app.
- Finish the process by logging in or signing up to Foxtel.
Once you’re logged in, you can browse through channels and on-demand content to choose the video you’d like to play.
Perhaps Foxtel isn’t compatible with your current TCL television model, or maybe you have an older, non-smart TCL TV. Whatever the case may be, there are several ways you can watch content on Foxtel other than downloading the app directly from the Google Play Store. A couple of things to try to include Apple AirPlay or a Foxtel Now Box.
Let’s discuss how to use each method to watch Foxtel on your TCL television.
As mentioned above, you can watch content on Foxtel using your laptop, tablet, or smartphone. If you own an Apple device and a Roku-powered smart TV, you may be able to use AirPlay to mirror content from your phone to your TV.
Most TCL smart TVs that use Roku technology are compatible with Apple AirPlay. Here’s how to check if your model supports it:
- From the Roku home screen, navigate to “Settings.”
- On the Settings screen, scroll down and check if you have “Apple AirPlay and HomeKit” listed.
- If you see this option, you can AirPlay content from your Apple device to your TV. If not, you’ll need to look at other options.
If your TCL Roku TV is compatible with AirPlay, you can follow the steps below to start streaming.
- Open Foxtel on whatever Apple device you’ll be streaming from.
- Find the content you’d like to play.
- On iPads and iPhones, navigate to your Control Center and choose the screen mirroring icon. Select your TV from the list of available devices, and the video should begin streaming automatically.
- On MacBooks and iMacs, open your System Preferences and choose “Displays.” At the bottom of the screen, you will see a dropdown menu next to “AirPlay Display.” Choose your television from the list of devices, and your computer screen should appear on your TV screen.
Like many other streaming services, Foxtel offers a streaming box called the Foxtel Now Box. Purchasing one of these boxes entitles you to a 10-day free trial of Foxtel, which you can then extend to a full subscription. These boxes are compatible with any television with an HDMI input, whether it’s smart or traditional. Once you purchase a Foxtel Now box, follow the steps below to set it up.
- Plug your box into a power source, then connect it to your TV through the HDMI input.
- Turn your television on and set the input to HDMI.
- Once the box turns on, connect it to your wifi network and follow the on-screen instructions to finish setting up your account.
Offering on-demand content and live TV channels, Foxtel is a great alternative to a traditional cable subscription. If you want to install Foxtel on your TCL TV, the first step is to check the app store. If you do not see the app here, you’ll have to take other measures to begin streaming content to your television.