Streaming services are frequently the backbone of many families’ in-home entertainment. One such streaming service with wide appeal for both children and adults is Disney Plus, a subscription platform that makes enjoying all types of content easy.
Most newer TVs are readily equipped with Smart TV capabilities to support in-home streaming. One such device is the Insignia Smart TV, which uses Amazon Fire capabilities to allow users to access a variety of streaming platforms easily.
Installing Disney Plus on your Insignia TV
Once you have an Insignia TV and a desire to watch Disney Plus, you can quickly complete several easy steps that will allow you to enjoy the streaming platform in no time!
To enjoy Disney Plus on your Insignia TV, you will need to download the Disney Plus app to your device using the remote control. Get started enjoying Disney Plus content with these easy steps:
- Subscribe to Disney Plus: Disney Plus is not a free streaming service, but the entertainment options make it well worth the cost! Disney Plus access is billed monthly, and you may find that you want to enjoy other platforms that are offered for a fee with Disney Plus, such as Hulu or ESPN. This makes it an even better value!
- Locate your TV remote and ensure that it has batteries. Your remote will be how to access Disney plus, and you can’t use it if it does not have power!
- Plug in and power on your Insignia TV using your remote control.
- Ensure that your Insignia TV is connected to the internet. All streaming platforms require the internet to access content. You can connect to the internet using a hardwired Ethernet cable or logging into the wireless internet using your router’s WiFi credentials.
- Using the remote, click the home button to enter the main menu area.
- Using the circular navigation button on your remote, navigate to the “Find” tab.
- From the “Find” tab, you must navigate to the “Search” option. This option will allow you to type in Disney Plus using the keyboard on the screen by moving between letters with the navigation button on the remote.
- Once you see Disney Plus as an option, select “Get” to download the app directly from the Amazon store.
- Click “Open” to launch the app. You can sign in and explore all the content that the app offers subscribers.
Once you have the app downloaded, you can easily navigate to Disney Plus from the home screen, ensuring that you can access the hours of entertainment that the app provides!
Sometimes you may run into some problems with the Disney Plus app, such as low or no sound. Don’t worry, because there are several fixes available.
Alternate Ways to Install Disney Plus to your Insignia Smart TV
If you don’t want to complete the steps to access Disney Plus using your remote, you can download the app directly to your device from the Amazon app store! To access the app store, you will need to use a smartphone or personal computer.
- Sign your TV into your Amazon account. Navigate to the “Full Experience” option using your remote and use a smartphone or computer to visit amazon.com/code. From there, you will enter the code displayed on your TV into the website. This will sign you in to the same account.
- On the left-hand side of the webpage, you will see an option to select “Fire TV” under the “Device Type” list. Click on the box next to “Fire TV” to select this option.
- Enter the model name of your Insignia Smart TV.
- Using the search function, type in “Disney Plus” to locate the app.
- Select “Deliver” to install the app directly on your TV. You may need to sign in to the app once it has been installed onto the TV.
If you don’t want to install Disney Plus directly to your TV, you can enlist the help of a streaming box such as a Roku or an Apple TV. To use your streaming box to access apps, including Disney TV, follow these steps:
- Locate an HDMI cable and the HDMI port on your Insignia Smart TV. HDMI is the best way to connect a streaming device to your TV as they ensure superior picture quality. Some newer devices may plug directly into the HDMI port on your TV, while others may require a separate cable.
- Connect your streaming device to a power source, if needed, and power on. This crucial step ensures that your streaming box is ready to use.
- Navigate to the Disney Plus app with your streaming box’s dedicated remote. From there, you can sign in and enjoy Disney Plus content!
Many options allow users to watch Disney Plus on your Insignia Smart TV. No matter which method is right for you, you can stream content that the whole family will enjoy by installing Disney Plus!