How to Easily Install Disney Plus on Your Element TV
Element TVs are budget-buy TVs, and because of that, they ship without certain preloaded streaming channels, such as Disney+. Not only that, but Element TVs are not on the list of supported devices for Disney+. However, that doesn’t mean that you can’t have Disney+ on your Element TV, because you certainly can.
You will need a separate streaming device, most of which are pretty affordable, so you’re not going to have to dish out a lot of extra money to fulfill your Diney+ watching needs. In some cases, you may even be able to download it on your TV without purchasing a different device, depending on what you’re working with. Read on to learn how to start streaming Disney+ on your Element TV.
You don’t want to create a Disney+ account through your Element TV. It’s a real pain having to type out your entire email, password, password confirmation, and more with nothing more than a directional pad and an “OK” button.
Instead, jump on your laptop, desktop, or mobile device, head over to Disney+, and create your account the fast way. You can either sign up for a Disney+ account for $7.99/month or take advantage of the Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+ bundle for $13.99.
Getting Disney+ on your Element TV involves a workaround, which means purchasing a streaming device. Regardless of which device you decide to go with, all four devices below have access to Disney+.
The best news is that you can get all of these devices (except the Apple TV) for a relatively low cost.
- Open the App Store from your Apple TV device’s Home Screen.
- Use the Search Bar to type in Disney+ and search.
- Open the Disney+ App when it pops up through the search function.
- Sign in to the Disney+ account you created earlier.
- Set up a Disney+ Profile.
- On your Roku Stick Home Screen, select the Streaming Channels in the left column.
- Choose Search Channels.
- Type Disney+ in the search bar.
- Select the Disney+ App.
- Add Channel.
- Return to the Home Screen.
- Select Disney + from your Home Screen.
- Log in to your Disney+ account.
- On your smartphone, download Disney+ to your Android or iOS device.
- Ensure that your Chromecast and smartphone are both on the same WiFi network.
- On your smartphone app, log in to your Disney+ account.
- Browse around and choose a movie or series to watch.
- Select the “Cast” Icon.
- Choose your Google Chromecast Device to cast to.
- Use your Alexa Voice Command button and say, “Disney Plus.”
- When Disney + pops up, go ahead and download it.
- Without the voice command option, hold down the Home Button on your Alexa remote.
- Select Apps from the menu that pops up.
- Select Disney + from the app choices.
- Launch Disney+ and sign in.
Those are the most prevalent and easy ways to get Disney+ on your Element TV. While Apple TV may be a little expensive, the rest are very affordable and easy to set up, even if you need an HDMI Converter.
How to Install Disney+ On Basic Element TVs
Element TVs got their start in 2007, and there are still some floating around out there that are non-smart Element TVs. Fortunately, any non-smart TV can be converted into a smart TV with the simple addition of an Amazon Fire TV Stick, Roku Stick, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, or variations of all four.
All you have to do is plug one of those devices into your HDMI port, and from there, you can access all of the streaming content you want. Before you choose streaming devices, make sure that you have an active account with whichever one you decide to go with because it will make things easier.
If you lack the HDMI ports or your older ports no longer work, you can always grab an HDMI converter to expand your ports.
If you own an Element TV, especially a smart Element TV, you will probably lack Disney+ when it comes to the preloaded apps that come with it. Thankfully, many other affordable options out there offer an intuitive interface and ease of use.
If you go with any of the above streaming devices, you will have access to Disney+ and a lot more than that.