The best way to monitor your baby’s activity is to connect your baby monitor to your phone. People keep their smartphones on them all the time, which makes surveillance easier.
Please continue reading to learn everything you need to connect a VTech baby monitor to your phone. We will discuss benefits, instructions, and safety precautions during the setup process.
Benefits of Connecting Vtech Baby Monitor to Your Phone
When you have a baby, you might be concerned about their well-being more often than not.
Fortunately, technology makes it easy for you to check on your baby as often as necessary.
Purchasing a baby monitor is not a requirement of parenthood, but it can be helpful.
The following are the benefits of connecting a VTech baby monitor to your phone:
- See what your baby’s doing anytime.
- Relax when you need to leave the room
- You can use your VTech baby monitor to twist and turn for optimal viewing
- You can zoom in using your smartphone
- Your VTech baby monitor will send you motion alert notifications
- You can speak to your baby using the two-way talk function on your VTech camera
Connecting your VTech baby monitor to your phone is a great way to know what’s happening in your baby’s room.
Peace of mind is one of the most important aspects of parenting, and it’s hard to achieve when you have a baby.
You can contact your baby monitor to your phone to rest easier.
Connect Your Vtech Baby Monitor to Your Phone
To connect your VTech baby monitor to your phone, download the VTech baby monitor app, add your camera using your smartphone, and ensure nothing blocks your camera’s view.
Now that you understand the benefits of connecting a VTech baby monitor to your phone, you can easily follow the steps below to complete the process.
- Download the VTech baby monitor app that correlates with your device on your smartphone.
- Plug in your VTech baby monitor, set it up, and wait for it to turn on.
- Open the VTech baby monitor app on your phone and add your camera.
- Your mobile device will prompt you with the instructions to connect your baby monitor to your phone from there. These instructions will pop up on your screen as you complete them.
After completing this process, you’re free to tune in to the baby monitor video feed whenever you please.
Unfortunately, you can only use the VTech baby monitor on your smartphone if you download the correct application. After you download the application, you’re free to monitor your baby.
Check the application before stepping away from the camera to ensure no obstructions are blocking your view.
Is it Safe to Connect Baby Monitor to Your Phone?
Unfortunately, baby monitors can be hacked if you don’t take proper safety measures during setup.
Many people have experienced hacking on their home surveillance systems in the past few years.
The main reason people purchase baby monitors is to keep their children safe.
To ensure no one’s hacking your baby monitor, follow these tips:
- Update your wireless router’s firmware and disable remote access
- Use a strong Wi-Fi password that’s difficult for people to guess
- Register your Vtech baby monitor with its manufacturer
- Disable remote access on your VTech baby monitor
If your VTech baby monitor uses a Wi-Fi connection to access your video feed, then there is a chance someone could hack the device.
Can You Use Vtech Baby Monitor Without Phone?
Fortunately, even if we choose a VTech baby monitor that uses a Wi-Fi connection, you’re not required to connect it to Wi-Fi.
Wi-Fi connectivity is optional when using VTech baby monitors.
You’re also not required to connect your VTech baby monitor to your smartphone.
So, if you feel safer without this connection, you don’t have to worry about it.
You can purchase screens to cast the baby monitor’s activity instead of connecting it to your smartphone.
If you connect your VTech baby monitor to a Wi-Fi network, you should ensure that you keep your Wi-Fi routers firmware updated at all times.
Updates are crucial for keeping hackers away from your tech.
Connecting your VTech baby monitor to your smartphone is a great way to access the camera feed wherever you go.
Having a baby is stressful, but keeping an eye on them will make your life easier.
Fortunately, if you don’t want to connect your VTech baby monitor to your Wi-Fi network or smartphone, you’re not required to.
You should prioritize safety over anything else.
To use your VTech baby monitor on your smartphone, you need to download the correct baby monitor application for your device.