How To Easily Cancel Your Hulu Subscription
Streaming services like Hulu are great options if you love keeping up to date with new movies and TV shows, but sometimes you want to cancel your subscription. So how can you do this?
Canceling your Hulu subscription is easy and can be completed in a few steps. There are several different ways to do so, depending on whether you use your computer or phone.
Do you want to shorten your list of streaming service subscriptions and save extra money each month? You can do both by canceling your Hulu subscription with these next easy steps!
Canceling Your Subscription on a Computer
Using a computer is the easiest way to cancel your Hulu subscription. It is straightforward, and you don’t have to access any other settings like you might when canceling on your phone.
- Create a new tab and go to Hulu’s website on your browser
- Login to your account
- Click on the profile icon in the top right corner
- Select the Account tab to be directed to the Manage Your Account page
- Scroll down to the bottom to see the Cancel Subscription option
- Click on Cancel Subscription and answer the final question of why you chose to cancel
After following these steps, you will have successfully canceled your Hulu subscription.
Canceling Your Subscription on an iOS Device
You cannot cancel your Hulu subscription through the mobile app on an iPhone. Either you can follow the steps above using a web browser, or you can follow these next steps:
- Go to your phone’s settings and click on Apple ID
- Select Subscriptions and find Hulu Plus
- Click cancel and confirm your choice to finalize canceling your subscription
After completing these steps, your Hulu subscription will be canceled.
Canceling Your Subscription on an Android Device
Canceling your Hulu subscription if using an Android device is easier than using an iOS device because you have the option of canceling within the app itself.
- Login to the Hulu app on your device
- Click on Profile in the bottom right corner of your screen
- Scroll down until you see the Cancel Your Subscription tab
- Click cancel and answer the reason for canceling to finalize your decision
After following these steps, you will have easily canceled your Hulu subscription.
Should I Cancel or Pause My Subscription?
When canceling your Hulu subscription, the website will allow you to pause or cancel your account completely.
When deciding whether you should cancel or pause your subscription, it is important to distinguish why you are canceling your account and how long you want to cancel it.
Canceling your subscription is great when:
- You don’t want to use Hulu in the future at all
- You want to save money long-term
- You have gotten to the end of your free trial
If any of these reasons relate to you, it is best to cancel your subscription fully.
Pausing your subscription is great when:
- You want to take a small break from using Hulu
- You want to save money short-term during an inactive period (business trip, school break, etc.)
- You want to be able to access Hulu easily again after an inactive period
- A series you’re interested in watching is leaving Hulu, or you have to wait until next season’s release
If any of these reasons relate to you, it is probably best to pause your Hulu account for a short time.
How to Set a Pause Period
You don’t have to cancel your Hulu subscription entirely; you can pause it. So what happens when you pause your Hulu subscription?
If you pause your Hulu account, you are given a maximum of 12 weeks before you have to cancel fully if you do not want to be billed for your subscription again.
You will have the option to set a duration for the pause period. To do so, follow these steps:
- Go to the Hulu website and click on Profile
- Scroll until you see the Subscription tab
- Click the Pause option near Pause Your Subscription
- Select the duration you would like to pause for, and press Submit to confirm
After following these steps, you will have set a pause period for your Hulu subscription.
How to Reactivate Your Hulu Account
If you choose to cancel your Hulu account fully, you will still have access to your account until the end of the billing period.
If you ever wish to reactivate your account, follow the steps below:
- Login to your deactivated account on the Hulu website
- Select the profile you want to reactivate
- Scroll to the Your subscription tab
- Select Resume Subscription Now and confirm to reactivate your account
After completing these steps, you will have resumed your Hulu subscription and will have full access to your account again.
Canceling any streaming service can seem complicated. After reading this article, you will know the benefits of canceling and pausing, how to do both, and how to reactivate your account.