ZipRecruiter is one of the best online tools for employers and job seekers alike. However, if you’ve already found a stable job, you may be wondering how to delete your ZipRecruiter account.
You can delete your ZipRecruiter account by logging in and navigating to the “Delete Account” button in your user settings. Once you’ve deleted your account, all of your personal data will be removed from the website, and you will no longer be able to log in. You also won’t receive any more emails or SMS alerts.
Keep reading to learn more about how to delete different types of ZipRecruiter accounts.
Perhaps you’ve recently found a job you love and no longer need your ZipRecruiter account. Even if you haven’t recently applied for any jobs, you may still be receiving daily emails and text notifications from ZipRecruiter. This can be annoying for a recently-employed individual, and deleting your account is the best course of action.
However, you may want to reconsider deleting your account just because you’ve become frustrated with your job search. Finding the perfect job match can be difficult, but there are some things you can do to make it less stressful. Try updating your resume to make it more appealing to employers. If you aren’t sure where to start, The Resume Handbook by Arthur D. Rosenberg can give you some great tips.
If and when you’re ready to delete your ZipRecruiter account, follow the steps listed below:
- Log into your ZipRecruiter account.
- In the upper right corner of your screen, you’ll see an ellipsis (…). Click on this, then select “Account Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Once you’re on the next page, find the “Delete Account” button and press it. Once you confirm, your account will be permanently deleted 72 hours later.
Deleting your account will remove all your personal data from ZipRecruiter’s system. Apart from employers of jobs you’ve already applied for, no one will be able to view your resume or find your contact information.
If you need to reactivate your account, you can do so for up to 72 hours after your original cancellation request. Log back into your account, then navigate to your Account Settings once more. To cancel the request, press the “Cancel Delete” option.
As an employer, you may want to delete your ZipRecruiter account for any number of reasons. You may have stopped hiring new employees for the foreseeable future, or you may be leaving your current company.
No matter the reason why you’re leaving, the process of deleting an employer ZipRecruiter account is different from that of a job seeker account. To do so, you’ll have to call a ZipRecruiter representative at (855) 813-0288 between 6 AM and 6 PM PST.
If you cannot call, you can also reach out to a representative at [email protected] They will guide you through the cancellation process.
If your employer account is still within the free trial period, you can cancel online. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Select “My Account” in the top right corner of your screen. Go to “Subscription” then “Overview” from the drop-down menu.
- Once you’re on the Subscription page, you will see one of two options: “Cancel Free Trial” or “Cancel Auto-Renewal.” Choose the option that applies.
- Go through the confirmation process to verify your account deletion.
If you have an employer account with ZipRecruiter, you can add a secondary user to help manage the applications you get. If you ever need to free up the user seats, you can deactivate the user you no longer need. Follow the process below to deactivate a user:
- At the top right corner of your screen, click “My Account.” Then, choose “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Once on your Settings page, click “Users.”
- Find the user whose account you want to deactivate, then click “Actions” on the right side of their name.
- From the drop-down Actions menu, choose “Deactivate.” The page will ask you to confirm this, then the user will be changed to Deactivated status.
If you ever need to reactivate this user, follow the same steps you took to get to the Users screen. From the Actions menu, simply choose “Activate” and confirm the action when the page prompts you to. The user will now have access to your account once more.
If you’ll then need to clean up your company’s Webex account as well, head over here.
ZipRecruiter is an excellent online resource for both people looking for jobs and employers looking to fill job openings. However, there may come a time when you want to delete your account for one reason or another.
If you signed up with ZipRecruiter as a job seeker, you can delete your account online with a few clicks of a button. If you signed up as an employer, you will have to either call or email a representative for help with deleting your account.