Sony headphones are one of the most versatile headsets available in the market. However, many users find it challenging to pair Sony headphones with a Mac.
Here is how to connect Sony headphones to a Mac:
- Power on your Mac
- Put your Sony headphones into Pairing Mode
- Enable Bluetooth on your computer
- Pair your Devices
Read on if you are having trouble pairing your Sony headphones with your Mac; this step-by-step guide will walk you through the process.
Every device requires you to check some things before connecting them to any other device.
Connecting Sony headphones to a Mac computer is no exception.
For instance, you need to:
- Ensure that your Mac computer has a Bluetooth feature. You can find this in the Apple menu > System preferences. You can also look for the Bluetooth icon on your Mac screen.
- Place your Mac computer and the Sony headphones close to each other. There should be at most 13 meters in between.
- The headphones and Mac should not be paired with other Bluetooth devices.
- The Mac should be charged, and the battery of the Sony headphones should be fully charged.
- Turn on the speaker of your Mac device.
You are now ready to connect your headphones to your Mac.
How to Connect Sony Headphones to Mac (How to Pair)
Here is a step-by-step guide that you can use to connect your Sony headphones to your Mac.
Power on Your Mac
The first thing you need to do is to switch on your Mac device.
You can then check if it has a Bluetooth module and whether the speaker volume is open.
Some Mac models might not have the Bluetooth module feature.
So, you should check your Mac’s manual for the availability of the Bluetooth module.
However, if your Mac doe not has a Bluetooth module, you can purchase and install an external Bluetooth module adapter.
Put Your Sony Headphones into Pairing Mode
Putting the Sony headphones in pairing mode will make them discoverable on your Mac computer.
The steps for entering pairing mode are straightforward.
For instance, most Sony headphone models will immediately go into pairing mode whenever you turn them on for the first time.
However, to put your Sony headphones into pairing mode for a second or subsequent time, you need to press and hold the power button for seven seconds or more.
Check the LED Light on the Sony Headphones
The next important thing you need to check is the LED light.
It is usually placed above the headphone power button. It should blink a blue light to indicate that your headphones are ready to pair.
After the blinking blue light, you should hear an assistant voice saying, “Bluetooth is ready to pair.”
Enable Bluetooth on Your Mac Computer
Enable Bluetooth on your Mac by selecting the Apple menu on your Mac and clicking on System Preferences > Bluetooth.
Pair Your Devices
If you have successfully put your Sony headphones into pairing mode, you should see them in the Bluetooth list of your Mac.
If you do not see your Sony headphones immediately, you should scroll down as they might be hidden further down the Bluetooth menu list.
Select the name of your Sony headphones and click the Pair button.
Setup your Device
All Mac devices require changing the speaker option.
For instance, although you can pair it with multiple speakers or headphones, you can only output sound from one paired device.
So, you need to go to the Apple menu on your Mac and click on System Preferences > Sound Settings to enable or set up the correct sound output.
You should hear an audible voice “Connected” via your Sonny headphones.
This confirms that your Mac and Sonny headphones are successfully connected.
Test and Verify the Pairing Connection
The first test is to listen to your favorite music to see if you can hear from both the right and left ear cups.
You should also listen for any crackling, popping, or static noises that are not unique to the Mac audio sources.
Furthermore, verify that it is playing without breaks.
You have now successfully paired your Sony headphones with your Mac computer.
However, if you are they still can’t connect, read on to the next section.
Why Won’t My Sony Headphones Connect to My Mac?
If you are experiencing trouble connecting your Sony headphones to your Mac device, here are a few standard troubleshooting tips that should resolve the issue:
- Place your Mac and Sony headphones in close range. They need to be within thirteen (13) meters of each other.
- Reset the devices. You can turn your Mac and Sony headphones on and off again.
- Reset the connection. You can disconnect Sony headphones by clicking “forget the device” in the System preferences of the Mac device.
- Avoid having other objects or interfering with wireless electronics between your Mac and Sony headphones.
- Make sure the two devices are not already synced.
Your Sony headphones will not connect to your Mac if they are already connected or paired to another device.
Sony headphones are versatile headphones that are high quality and durable.
They produce great sound, but pairing them with a Mac can seem difficult.
Thankfully, with these to-the-point explanations to help, it isn’t really that bad.
Most of it involves going to the Apple menu and clicking on System Preferences > Bluetooth in order to get them set up.