Honeywell’s T9 Thermostat is a smart thermostat that can help you easily control your home’s temperature from your phone. You can also set the thermostat when you are away to help you save energy and money. However, to use the Honeywell T9 Thermostat with smart features, you will need to connect the device to Wi-Fi.
Whether you didn’t set up the device’s Wi-Fi during the setup process or needed to reset it and now have to reconnect, or changed routers or addresses and need to add the new Wi-Fi network to your thermostat, read on. We’ll cover all the steps to get your Honeywell T9 Thermostat connected to Wi-Fi.
How to Connect Honeywell T9 Thermostat to Wi-Fi
The easiest way to connect Honeywell T9 Thermostat to Wi-Fi is during the initial setup process. During the setup process, the thermostat will take you through the reconfiguration process until you get to the Wi-Fi page.
The screen will show “Get Connected” or “Setup Later.” Follow the steps below to get started:
- Select Get Connected.
- Choose your network name from the options listed.
- Enter in the password.
- Allow the thermostat a few minutes to get connected.
- When the screen says “Success,” click Done.
Your thermostat should now be connected to Wi-Fi and be ready to use.
If you initially selected “Setup Later” on the Wi-Fi page, follow these steps to connect to Wi-Fi:
- Press and hold the Menu icon button on the screen.
- Scroll until you see Wi-Fi.
- Select Wi-Fi.
- Choose Setup.
- Find your network name and select it.
- Enter in the password.
- Give the thermostat a few minutes to complete the connection process.
- Press Done when the screen says “Success.”
For a complete guide on the setup and Wi-Fi configuration process, watch this video.
Why Is My Honeywell Thermostat Not Connecting to Wi-Fi?
If you are trying to set up the Wi-Fi and the thermostat can’t find your network, try the following troubleshooting tips:
- Check that your Wi-Fi router is on and working.
- Reboot your Wi-Fi router by holding down the reset button on the bottom or side.
- Unplug the Wi-Fi router, wait a few seconds, and then plug it back in.
- Make sure your Wi-Fi router is 2.4 GHz.
- Make sure your router is equipped to handle all your devices by referring to the manual to see how many devices can be connected at a single time.
- Ensure that you don’t have any security settings on your Wi-Fi that inhibit the connection of new devices.
If you have had the Wi-Fi set up before and it suddenly stops working or won’t connect to the thermostat or Honeywell Home app, follow these tips:
- Turn off your phone’s data and use the Wi-Fi instead.
- Connect to the same Wi-Fi on your phone that you want the thermostat to use.
- Sometimes you will need to turn on Airplane Mode on your device to ensure that your phone’s data is not getting mixed up with the Wi-Fi signals.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Honeywell Home app.
- Make sure the Honeywell Home app doesn’t need any updates.
Most people can fix the issues of their Wi-Fi by following the above steps. Check Honeywell’s website for a complete troubleshooting guide. You can also contact their support team if you have tried to fix the issues on your own and there is still no connection.
Resetting the Honeywell T9 Thermostat Wi-Fi
You can also try resetting or rebooting the thermostat on your own to see if it will then connect to Wi-Fi.
To reboot the thermostat, follow these steps:
- Press and hold the Reset button for 30 seconds.
- Wait until the thermostat turns off and then release the button.
- The thermostat should turn itself back on when it’s done resetting.
This will only clear the short-term memory of the device and will not put the thermostat back into factory settings.
How to Change the Wi-Fi on Honeywell T9 Thermostat
- Touch the Menu icon.
- Scroll down and select Wi-Fi.
- Select Change Network.
- Choose the new network.
- Press Connect.
- Enter in the new Wi-Fi password.
- Touch Next.
Your thermostat should now be connected to the new Wi-Fi.
Connecting the Honeywell T9 Thermostat to Wi-Fi is easy. Select Get Connected and then choose your network’s name. Ask the network’s password when prompted. The thermostat will take 2-3 minutes to find the connection. Once it says “Success,” you are ready to use the internet with your new thermostat!