Govee lights owners praise them for their convenience and for the easy customization choices they add to a space. If you are also a fan of them, you may want to get a few separate strips and connect them together.
To connect Govee light strips, follow these steps:
- Prepare the strips.
- Check the connectors.
- Physically connect the strips together.
- Download Govee app and create group.
There are several steps to follow if you’d like to connect several Govee light strips together easily. These steps can be separated into two categories: connecting the light strips together physically and doing this via the software. Keep reading to find out what these steps are.
How to Easily Connect Govee Lights
Connecting Govee lights together is a simple process. And, after you do it once, it’s easy to do with more Govee lights in the future.
To easily connect Govee lights you’ll need to:
- Use light strip connectors to prepare the strips.
- Make sure the connectors fit together and function.
- Connect the strips.
- Use the Govee app and create a group to manage the lights.
Ta-da! Your Govee lights are connected and ready to use.
These connectors are essentially little connectors that are attached to the ends of Govee light strips to make them easily attach to others. If you only want to connect two Govee light strips together, you will need one connector, two if you are connecting three strips, and so on.
To get the connectors ready for use, you should hook up the light strips to a power source. Take the power brick of the lights and trim the ends of the connector strips to make sure they fit.
Once you’ve prepared the connector strips, you should also do one final check to make sure they are in prime condition. To avoid any problems, you should always purchase new ones. Used ones can be faulty and cause issues with connecting the Govee light strips.
Count the connectors once more to ensure that you have the right number for your needs, as stated above. The connector strips must snugly fit the ends of the Govee light strips to establish a correct connection that will keep both or more light strips working together.
Before connecting the Govee light strips together, you should know that if you have four or more, you might experience a loss of power in them. It is recommended not to use more than three if you want to make sure you get the desired result from this union.
When you are ready to connect the Govee light strips together, you should follow these easy steps:
- Take the main Govee light strip and place a connector at the end of it.
- Get another Govee light strip and remove its power block.
- Place the secondary light strip next to the connector on the previous one.
- Use the latches on the connector to secure the two strips together.
- Check the connection to make sure that it isn’t loose.
- Turn on both strips and check that they are both working as they should.
- Repeat the process until all the strips you want are attached to each other.
If you are a new owner of Govee light strips, you may not have the app yet. In this case, you should head to either the Google Play Store or the App Store and download this app. From it, you will be able to control your light strips and even sync them together.
This will allow you to include as many of these Govee light strips as you want in your smart home system for extra practicality. You will be able to control the lights from this app at any time and from whichever room you’re in that is within range of the lights.
When you have the app, you will be able to sync your Govee light strips together easily by adding them under the same group. A group is usually used per room, so if you’re using your light strips in your living room, you can create a ‘living room’ group in the app.
Here are the steps to follow to create a group via the Govee Home app:
- Open the app on your preferred device.
- Tap on Smart Options.
- Head to the My Device menu.
- Tap on the Plus icon, which you will find in the top right corner of the screen.
- Choose between Bluetooth control or Wi-Fi control, whichever is more convenient.
- Name the group and confirm your choices.
Once your group is created, the final step is to add the relevant light strips to it. To do so, you should go to the group page in the Govee Home app. Tap on Continue, then on Devices.
You will see a drop-down menu with several options. These options will include all the Govee products you have available. Pick the specific lights you want to use in this group, then save the changes you’ve made. You can then exit the group page.
It is recommended to only use the same type of lights in the same group. You should keep your LED bulbs and LEd strips separate.
Connecting Govee light strips can easily be done following a few steps. With this guide, you will be able to connect them physically and also via the dedicated Govee software. This will allow you to enjoy the full practicality offered by Govee products.