You might come across several discrepancies when using your Amazon smart thermostat. Things like getting a new phone or having someone gifting you an Amazon smart thermostat to you may result in you needing to change the settings of your thermostat, and, in turn, changing the owner. But how can you do this?
To change the owner of the Amazon smart thermostat, follow these steps:
- Reset the thermostat
- Open the Alexa app
- Connect your thermostat to a new device
- The device you connected to the thermostat with should now be the owner
Changing the owner of your smart thermostat is not as challenging as you may think. You only need to follow simple steps and have your goal achieved. Read on to find out a more in-depth process on how to change the owner of your Amazon smart thermostat so you can have the comfort of changing your home’s temperature.
How to Change the Owner On Amazon Smart Thermostat
Resetting your Amazon smart thermostat is the first step if you want to change the owner. Resetting the smart thermostat clears every previous setting and configuration of the device.
To reset your Amazon smart thermostat, you should follow the steps outlined below.
Hold Down the Three Buttons
There are three buttons on your Amazon smart thermostat. You will need these buttons to reset it.
These buttons are:
- The up temperature button.
- The down temperature button.
- The mode button.
Hold these three buttons simultaneously for 10 seconds to reset your device. Keep holding the buttons until you see ‘rEs’ appear on your Amazon smart thermostat’s display. Now, you can release the button and move on to the second step.
Hold Down the Mode Button
After seeing the ‘rEs’ on your thermostat display, you should press and hold the mode button for 5 seconds. For reference, the mode button is between the up temperature and the down temperature buttons. This will complete the process of resetting your Amazon smart thermostat.
Now, all you need to do is connect your thermostat to your Alexa app on your device. Read the next step to find out how.
Open the Alexa App
Ensure the Alexa app is installed to your mobile device and open it. This mobile device will become your Amazon smart thermostat’s new owner or controller.
It will allow the user of that device to use and control the thermostat’s temperature and settings, so you should be sure you’re connecting it to the correct mobile device.
Add a Device
You will need to add a device to your thermostat to proceed to the next steps.
To do so, follow these simple steps:
- You will notice different icons that serve different functions on your Alexa app. All you need to do is click on the ‘more’ or ‘plus’ icon, depending on your app version.
- After clicking on this icon, you should click on add a device. You might find a long list of devices, but you should scroll till you find the thermostat.
- Click on the thermostat and add your device brand. The device brand is Amazon, so that is what you should click on.
- Make sure you have your means of connection on (Bluetooth, Wi-Fi) so the thermostat and your phone connect properly.
Now, let’s take a look at the next step below.
Answer Installation Questions
You will need to answer some questions when installing the thermostat.
You will have to answer two questions:
- Has your new thermostat already been installed on a wall? Your answer should be YES.
- Does your thermostat display SEt or show a temperature? Your answer should be YES.
If your thermostat is not yet installed on a wall, you should do that before proceeding. You also have to be sure your thermostat is displaying appropriately.
Scan the Barcode
Now you will have to allow for the connection by scanning your thermostat’s barcode.
Follow these steps:
- Turn on your Bluetooth. You will only need the Bluetooth connection for this connection, and you will use your Wi-Fi network for subsequent connections.
- Click on ‘next.’
- You will have to scan the barcode on your Amazon smart thermostat. You need to keep the barcode safe as you will need it anytime you want to change the thermostat’s owner.
- Wait for a few minutes, and you are good to go.
Enjoy your Amazon thermostat with its new owner.
Connecting your Amazon smart thermostat to a new owner is not as difficult as you may think it is. You only need to follow simple steps, such as those listed in this article, and you are good to go.
Hopefully after reading this article, you will be able to enjoy your Amazon smart thermostat to the fullest and change the owner as needed in the future without any more issues arising.