How Long Does AT&T Internet Installation Take?
Are you going to purchase an AT&T internet connection and want to know how much time it will require for installation? For some people, a complex task requires a lot of effort and time. However, this approach is wrong, and one can complete this task within a few hours.
On average, technicians do not take more than four hours to install the AT&T Internet connection. However, this time might vary if anything goes wrong during the process. Before starting the job, make sure everything is ready to execute the job efficiently.
If you want to make it a hassle-free installation experience, keep reading this post until the last sentence and learn everything about this process in the next couple of minutes. Without any further delay, let us start the discussion right now!
How Much Does It Cost for AT&T to Install Internet?
As a whole, AT&T charges around $99.99 as the one-time installation fee, monthly internet plan cost, and $10 per month fee for its internet modem. In addition, the internet packages also require users to pay taxes along with the fixed price.
You can select AT&T internet package from any of these three options:
|Package Plans||Download Speed||Price|
|Internet 300||300MB/Sec||$35+Tax+Equipment Fee|
|Internet 500||500MB/Sec||$45+Tax+Equipment Fee|
|Internet 1000||940MB/Sec||$60+Tax+Equipment Fee|
If you solely want the AT&T internet connection, then the company will charge for the router. However, you can enhance the thrill of entertainment by paying some extra fees. It offers a matching set-top box, for instance, with 20 hours of cloud DVR storage for $120.
The device requires a one-time payment, but you will have to pay $10 each month to get unlimited storage. Furthermore, you will need to pay $8 per month for streaming your favorite local sports channels.
How Do I Prepare for Internet Installation?
To get ready with the installation, make sure to follow the points mentioned below:
- You will get a Service Activation Date on the slip of your package. Once the day arrives, start installing the internet after the clock goes beyond 2 pm.
- Keep the AT&T Access ID and the Password before starting the installation process. You will get this information through an email right after receiving your order. With these details, you will be able to log in to your account when required.
- Look for the AT&T Broadband jack in your house.
- Clean up that area where the technicians are going to work.
- Spare up to four hours to complete the installation process.
- The attendant must be at least 18 years old.
The above steps will ensure that the technician can complete the installation process efficiently. Fortunately, there is no need to get phone service with AT&T Internet. However, you would require wires to connect all computers in the house. Do not get an appointment unless all requirements are ready to execute the process correctly.
If you’d like to learn more about AT&T, check out this article.
Is AT&T Self-Installation a Convenient Method?
Through the AT&T technician, installing the internet becomes convenient. It will make the process hassle-free, but this ease will need a little bit of cost too. However, the AT&T kit provides everything you may require during the installation process. If you are a DIY enthusiast, then tackling this task will not be an issue at all.
Accessories in the AT&T Internet Kit
The AT&T internet kit includes the following items:
- AT&T Wi-Fi modem
- Green cable
- Ethernet cable
- Power cord
- Detailed instruction manual
Hence, you will not have to purchase any essential thing after getting the box. Keep it strictly in your mind that it is impossible to complete the AT&T internet installation without any of these items. If any product is lost, you will have to buy it separately before the activation date. However, you can buy the AT&T Wi-Fi Enhancer to get signals in all areas of your home.
Guide for Self-installing Your AT&T Internet
This section will assist you in how to install the AT&T internet connection like professional experts. If you want to accomplish this task without hiring a technician, then follow these steps carefully:
- Connect one end of the green data cable to the green broadband port on the gateway.
- Now connect the other end with the AT&T Broadband jack straight into your wall.
- For wired internet connectivity, connect one side of Ethernet to the yellow port and the other with the computer.
- Take the black power cord and connect it to the back of the gateway. Plug it into an electrical outlet.
- Wait for ten minutes until the broadband turns on.
- For setting up the AT&T home Wi-Fi access, log in to your computer, select the network, and finally enter the password.
Indeed, all of these steps will help you do this job without getting an appointment from a technician. Remember that calling the AT&T technician to install the internet service will cost you solely $100. Hiring a professional will be a wise decision if you do not want to face any trouble after or during the installment.
You would have understood how AT&T installation takes place and in what period you can do it. Never try to tackle it by yourself unless you know all things about this process perfectly.