How Do You Share a Wyze Lock With Someone? Multiple Users
By Trae Jacobs,
When you buy through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
One of the major benefits of using a Wyze Lock system in your smart home is that you’re able to let other people access your smart lock network and enter your home as long as they have your permission. This sharing mode is a convenient feature of the system, but only if you use it correctly.
Below you’ll find a step-by-step guide on how you can share your Wyze Lock access with multiple users. Users can give guests permanent or temporary access to the Wyze smart lock system through the Wyze Share feature.
How to Share a Wyze Lock
Wyze is designed to be shared with multiple users so that multiple household members can use the smart home security system at once. There is no limit to the number of people you can share your Wyze smart lock access with.
As a result, the procedure for sharing your Wyze Lock is seamless and simple. Follow this method for sharing your Wyze Lock with another user (Source: Wyze Support):
- Open the Wyze app. Use a smart device such as a smartphone or tablet to boot up the Wyze app and navigate to your Home tab.
- Select a lock. Use the Wyze app to select which app you want to share with another user and tap it. Each lock on your Wyze system is visible on the Wyze app dashboard.
- Adjust the lock settings. Once you’ve selected the lock you want to share with another user, tap on the gear-shaped icon at the top righthand corner of the lock tab.
- Share the lock with another user. Tap Share on the settings tab for the lock, then select the user you want to share lock access with. If you’ve shared lock access with someone recently their Wyze account should pop up automatically.
- Note: If you’ve never shared your Wyze lock with someone, they’ll need to set up a Wyze account so you can input their associated email. This allows you to send them an invite. However, if they don’t already have a Wyze account, they’ll still get an email invite to join the Wyze network if you send them a share option.
- Confirm the share. Once you’ve selected the person you want to share access with, confirm the Share by tapping the Share button in the top righthand corner of the app user interface.
And there you have it! At this point, all the new user has to do is accept their Wyze share and log in to their Wyze account, and they should be able to access the smart lock that you’ve shared with them.
Sharing Smart Locks Through the Account Tab
An alternative method for sharing smart locks can be accessed through your main account tab in the Wyze interface. To share smart locks this way, access your Account Tab, then select Sharing. This is the best choice for trying to share multiple devices at once with a user or to get an overview of the Wyze locks you’ve shared with other people.
How to Accept Wyze Shares
To accept Wyze shares on their smart lock system, the user accepting the share is required to have two things:
- A working email address
- A Wyze account
Once the user who is accepting a share on the Wyze network has their own Wyze account set up, they should be able to accept shares from other Wyze network users. A Wyze user is not required to have their own smart lock system to be a part of the Wyze network. Signing up for a Wyze account is free for all users to make sharing lock access easier.
Can You Have Two Wyze Accounts?
It’s possible to make two different Wyze accounts if you have two working email addresses if you’d rather your locks be on completely different systems. This is a good option for people who might want to share smart lock access for a working location like a storefront, but keep their home smart lock system private. (Source: Wyze Forums)
How Do You Stop Sharing Your Wyze Lock?
The Wyze network makes it easy to stop sharing your smart lock access with a guest user whenever you’re ready to cancel their access. To stop sharing your Wyze Lock, perform the following:
- Access the Share menu. Go to the Sharing icon under the Account tab.
- Pick the user you want to bar access to. On your Wyze account under Sharing, there should be a list of every Wyze user you’ve ever shared smart lock access with. Select the user you want to stop sharing with and click on them.
- Cancel the share. When you click on a user in your Sharing menu, it should give you the option to edit the settings of the share or cancel it entirely. Select Cancel to stop sharing with the user.
One of the biggest advantages of using a smart lock system like Wyze in your smart home setup is that it makes things convenient if you want to adjust who is and isn’t allowed in your home at a moment’s notice.
Wyze Sharing Is A Convenient Feature
Smart locks may not be more secure than a traditional deadbolt system, but a benefit of using them is that you can share access to your property with the push of a button. Compared to the hassle of making keys and worrying about whether someone unknown will end up with access to your home, smart locks are a serious improvement.